Craft Cred: Teach Beside Me
- Gather materials. You will want a couple of small glass bowls and a pot of water to cook on the stove. Divide the Starburst candies by color and unwrap. Place each color into a small glass bowl.
- Mix ¼ c. powdered sugar with ¼ c. cornstarch.
- Boil a pot of water and place the glass bowl into the pot to melt the Starburst candies. (Making it like a double boiler). Stir regularly to prevent burning. Once melted, remove from heat.
- Turn onto a surface dusted with the cornstarch and powdered sugar mixture. Wait about five minutes until cooled. It can burn you at this point, so REALLY be careful!
- Knead the melted candy with the powdered sugar mixture. Be sure to pull it and stretch it as you knead to let a lot of air into it. This will help it to be less sticky and more stretchy.
- Now it is time to play! Make sure to wash their hands first if they want to eat their Starburst slime. My kids wanted to immediately mix all of the colors and see how it looked.