BBQ BEER SAUCE
Provided by Food Network
Yield about 3 1/2 cups
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Heat a medium to large saucepot over medium heat. Add the olive oil, garlic and onions and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the tomato paste, brown sugar, yellow mustard and Worcestershire; stir together. Stir in the apple cider vinegar and simmer for 1 minute to combine the flavors. Add the canned tomatoes and beer and blend with an immersion blender. Simmer on medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens and the flavors have blended, about 45 minutes.
SPICY BEER-STEAMED SHRIMP WITH KICKED UP COCKTAIL SAUCE
- In the base pot of a steamer, combine the beer, crab boil, and garlic and bring to a simmer. Put the steamer basket in place.
- In a bowl, toss the shrimp with the Essence. Place the shrimp in the steamer basket, close the lid and steam until the shrimp are firm and cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes, stirring the shrimp once to ensure even cooking.
- Remove the basket with the shrimp and let sit until cool enough to handle. Turn out into a large serving bowl or onto a thick layer of newspapers spread on a table. Serve with the cocktail sauce for dipping.
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar or container.
- Recipe from "New New Orleans Cooking", by Emeril Lagasse and Jessie Tirsch. Published by William and Morrow, 1993.
- Mix all ingredients together and whisk well to combine.
SAUCY BARBECUE SHRIMP
This old, rustic Cajun dish is one of our family favorites. Don't remove the shells from the shrimp-the beauty of this dish is peeling the shrimp and dipping it in the sauce. We've doubled and even tripled this barbecue shrimp to feed crowds and it's always perfect! -Debbie Glasscock, Conway, Arkansas
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Appetizers Dinner
Yield 8 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir until tender, 8-10 minutes. Stir in barbecue sauce and beer., Place shrimp in a 13x9-in. baking dish. Pour barbecue mixture over top. Bake, uncovered, until shrimp turn pink, 20-25 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking. Serve with baguette slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 339 calories, Fat 14g fat (8g saturated fat), Cholesterol 168mg cholesterol, Sodium 883mg sodium, Carbohydrate 30g carbohydrate (24g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 19g protein.
BEER-STEAMED SHRIMP WITH TOMATO SAUCE
- 1. Make salsa: Sprinkle salt over tomatoes in colander and toss gently.
- 2. Let drain 10 minutes. Combine bell pepper, jalapenos, onion, scallions, garlic, parsley pepper, and lime juice in mixing bowl.
- 3. Toss gently and stir in drained tomatoes.
- 4. Let stand at room temperature 30-60 minutes.
- 5. Shrimp: Heat beer and shrimp boil seasoning to boiling in bottom of steamer.
- 6. Place shrimp in steaming rack and steam tightly covered for 2 minutes.
- 7. Stir once, then continue to steam just until shrimp turn pink, 1-2 minutes longer.
- 8. Transfer shrimp to serving platter.
- 9. If salsa is too watery, pour off excess liquid.
- 10. Add salsa to shrimp and toss to combine.
- 11. Serve hot, at room temperature or chilled.
SHRIMP STEAMED IN BEER
Here is another of our favorite ways to prepare shrimp. This is great with a caeser salad, garlic bread and cold beer. Serve it with lots of napkins! We found this keeper in The Florida Cookbook by Jeanne Voltz.
Provided by Acerast
Categories < 15 Mins
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Wash and drain the shrimp.
- In a large saute pan or Dutch oven, combine the beer, thyme, dry mustard, bay leaves, garlic, salt, freshly ground black pepper, and 1 Tablespoon each of parsley and chives.
- Bring to a boil, add the shrimp and cook just until the shellfish turns bright pink, about 1 minute.
- Remove the bay leaves and serve from the pot or transfer the shrimp to a large bowl.
- Make a butter dipping sauce by melting butter in a small saucepan.
- Into melted butter stir lime juice, 2 Tablespoons each of parsley and chives, and hot pepper sauce to taste.
- Peel and eat shrimp to your heart's content - dipping in the butter sauce or just plain.
BEER STEAMED SHRIMP WITH GARLIC BUTTER
Make and share this Beer Steamed Shrimp With Garlic Butter recipe from Food.com.
Provided by MaddysMom
Categories Very Low Carbs
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat butter and garlic in Dutch oven over medium heat until sizzling and fragrant, about 4 minutes.
- Pour garlic butter into serving bowl and stir in lemon juice and hot sauce. Cover and keep warm.
- Fit Dutch oven with steamer basket, add beer, and bring to boil over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle Old Bay Seasoning evenly over shrimp and transfer to steamer basket.
- Cover and steam until shrimp are cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Transfer to serving platter.
- Serve with warm garlic butter for dipping.
BEER-BOILED SHRIMP WITH OLD BAY®
Easy, foolproof cooking technique. The Old Bay® seasoning accentuates the shrimp rather than overpowers. A versatile dish that can fill many roles! Serve with cocktail sauce and/or melted butter.
Provided by JJ6
Categories Appetizers and Snacks Seafood Shrimp
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Combine beer, seafood seasoning, and salt in a large saucepan or stockpot over medium-high heat. Squeeze juice from both lemon halves into the beer mixture and add both rinds to the beer. Stir and bring to a boil. Cover the pot and boil for 10 minutes.
- Add shrimp to boiling liquid, cover again with the lid, and turn off the heat. Transfer shrimp to serving bowls when they are bright pink on the outside and the meat is opaque, about 3 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 189.7 calories, Carbohydrate 8.4 g, Cholesterol 172.6 mg, Fat 1 g, Protein 19.6 g, SaturatedFat 0.3 g, Sodium 846.9 mg
People also searched
More about "beer steamed shrimp with tomato sauce food"
BEER-STEAMED SHRIMP RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
4.1/5 (30)Total Time 25 minsCategory Appetizer, Lunch, Dinner, EntreeCalories 204 per serving
15-MINUTE EASY GARLIC SHRIMP IN TOMATO SAUCE (VIDEO)
BEER-STEAMED SHRIMP WITH COCKTAIL SAUCE - FOOD & WINE
"INTIMATE CONNECTION" BEER STEAMED SHRIMP WITH JOLLOF …
Category AppetizerCalories 262 per serving
BEER-STEAMED SHRIMP WITH TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE - RECIPELAND.COM
Servings 2Calories 278 per servingTotal Time 1 hr 50 mins
SHRIMP IN TOMATO SAUCE | CANADIAN LIVING
STEAMED MUSSELS IN TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE - SIMPLY RECIPES
TOMATO-BASIL SHRIMP AND POLENTA - FAMILYSTYLE FOOD
HOW TO MAKE BEER STEAMED SHRIMP WITH TOMATO SAUCE
BEER-STEAMED SHRIMP WITH TOMATO SALSA RECIPE
BEER BUTTERED SHRIMP - TOMATO + BEER SAUCE WITH SHRIMP - SAVORY …
WHITE SOX UNVEIL NEW BALLPARK FOOD, DRINK OFFERINGS
QUICK GARLIC SHRIMP IN TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD & WINE
HOME TEAM GRILL - FOOD MENU
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is beer steamed shrimp?This beer-steamed shrimp recipe is a fun way to change up your shellfish routine. It's easy, delicious, and it uses beer. The recipe is very simple and will take just around 20 minutes from start to finish. The shrimp are not actually cooked in beer but are steamed over a boiling pot of beer.
How to cook shrimp in a steamer?Add the beer, lemon juice, salt, and rosemary (if using) to a large saucepan or stewpot. Add your steamer basket to the pot, making sure that it sits well above the beer. Add the celery to the basket and cover. Bring the beer to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Once a simmer is reached add the cleaned shrimp to the steamer basket.
How do you season shrimp with Old Bay beer?The Old Bay® seasoning accentuates the shrimp rather than overpowers. A versatile dish that can fill many roles! Serve with cocktail sauce and/or melted butter. Combine beer, seafood seasoning, and salt in a large saucepan or stockpot over medium-high heat. Squeeze juice from both lemon halves into the beer mixture and add both rinds to the beer.
How to cook shrimp in tomato sauce?In a medium iron skillet cook garlic and tomatoes in olive oil till you get the sauce like consistency. Then add seasonings, white wine vinegar, raw shrimp and cook until well done. You can serve this warm sauteed shrimp in tomato sauce with your favorite pasta or salads or plain rice.