CAPELLINI WITH WHITE WINE CLAM SAUCE
- Cook pasta until almost al dente and drain pasta.
- Heat a large deep skillet over medium heat.
- Add extra-virgin olive oil, 4 turns of the pan in a slow stream, red pepper flakes, garlic and anchovies. Cook until anchovies melt into the oil.
- Add thyme and wine.
- Reduce wine 1 minute.
- Add clam juice or stock.
- Stir in clams and lemon zest.
- Add pasta to skillet and toss with sauce 2 to 3 minutes, until pasta is al dente and has absorbed some of the sauce and flavor.
- Add parsley, pepper and salt, to taste.
TUSCAN STYLE CAPELLINI WITH CLAMS AND GARLIC
- Scrub clams under cold running water, discard any that do not close when tapped.
- In large heavy saucepan, cook garlic and oil over medium high heat for 1 minute, add wine and clams.
- Cover and cook until clams open (time will vary from 2 to 10 minutes depending on size of clams, discard any that do not open).
- Meanwhile, in large pot of boiling water, cook capellini until al dente, tender but firm; drain.
- Pour clam mixture over hot pasta and toss with parsley.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
DRUNKEN CLAMS OVER CAPPELLINI
- Cook capellini according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil and butter together in a large skillet. Add shallots and 3/4 cup roasted garlic cloves saute 3 minutes, until shallots are soft. Add beer and bring to a simmer. Add clams, cover and simmer until shells open, about 5 minutes. Using tongs, remove 12 clams and reserve for another meal. Drain capellini, reserving 1/2 cup pasta cooking water and add to clams in skillet, adding the reserved 1/2 cup pasta if necessary to "loosen" the sauce. Simmer 1 minute to heat through. Remove from heat and top with parsley and Parmesan. Serve with a mixed green salad and bottled dressing, if desired.
LINGUINE WITH CLAMS, CHERRY TOMATOES AND BASIL
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan with a tight-fitting lid over medium-low heat. Add the garlic, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes and saute until fragrant; don't let the garlic brown. Add the cherry tomatoes, white wine and clams, increase the heat to high and cover the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until all the clams have opened, about 8 minutes. As the clams open, transfer them to a large bowl. When all the clams are removed, reduce the heat to medium-low and swirl in the butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of generously salted water to a boil. Cook the linguine according to the package direction. Using tongs, transfer the linguine to the saute pan with the clam juice and toss to coat. Turn off the heat and add the clams and any juices that have collected in the bowl, the lemon zest and half of the basil. Using tongs, turn the linguine to coat it with the sauce. Top with the remaining basil. Serve immediately.
More about "capellini with clams food"
TOASTED CAPELLINI WITH CLAMS AND DASHI RECIPE - JOSHUA …
- Preheat the oven to 450°. In a small saucepan, bring 3/4 cup of water to a boil. Stir in the dashi powder until dissolved.
- In a large pot, bring 2 1/2 cups of water to a boil. Add the clams, cover and cook over moderately high heat for 5 to 7 minutes; transfer to a baking sheet as they open, and discard any that don’t. Strain 3/4 cup of the clam cooking liquid into a large saucepan. Add the dashi, apple cider, fish sauce, white soy sauce and tobanjan to make a clam broth.
- In a medium skillet, melt the butter. Add the capellini and toast over moderately high heat, stirring, until golden, 3 to 4 minutes. Add half of the clam broth and layer the cabbage, garlic, ginger, leek and serrano chile on top; do not stir. Bake for about 15 minutes, until all of the broth is absorbed and the pasta is al dente.
- Add the steamed clams to the remaining broth in the saucepan. Stir in the escarole and simmer until heated through. Stir in the oregano. Transfer the pasta and vegetables to bowls, top with the steamed clams and escarole and serve.
CAPELLINI - CAPELLINI PASTA - RASA MALAYSIA
THIS IS THE RECIPE GORDON RAMSAY'S FAMILY CAN'T STOP …
CAPELLINI WITH CLAMS FROM RANDAZZO SEAFOOD - LITTLE ITALY
HOW TO MAKE CAPELLINI WITH MUSSELS & CLAMS - FOOD52
ZUCCHINI CAPELLINI RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
Author Mary BergSteps 4Difficulty Easy
CAPELLINI WITH CLAMS, BOTTARGA, AND PRESERVED MEYER LEMONS
TONIGHT’S DINNER: CAPELLINI AND TOMATO-CLAM SAUCE – SHEKNOWS
CAPELLINI WITH SEAFOOD | RECIPES | WW USA - WEIGHT WATCHERS
CLAMS CAPELLINI WITH FRESH TOMATOES | RECIPES | WW USA - WEIGHT …
CAPELLINI WITH SHRIMP, CAPERS AND TOMATOES - FOOD & WINE
CAPELLINI WITH CLAMS: BURSTING WITH BRINY GOODNESS
SHRIMP CAPELLINI WITH TOMATOES AND BASIL - THEFOODXP
CAPELLINI WITH DOUBLE CLAM SAUCE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
CAPELLINI WITH COCKLE CLAMS AND LEMON BUTTER SAUCE RECIPE
You'll also love