EASY SKILLET CHICKEN A LA KING
- In a large skillet, heat oil. When hot add chicken and saute 4 to 5 minutes until about halfway cooked. Add mushrooms and continue to saute until chicken is lightly browned and cooked through (juices run clear). Stir in the milk, soup, mushrooms, pimentos, onion powder and pepper. Bring all to a boil. Cover skillet and reduce heat. Let simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Stir together and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 261.6 calories, Carbohydrate 9.8 g, Cholesterol 76.9 mg, Fat 10.5 g, Fiber 0.4 g, Protein 30.7 g, SaturatedFat 2.8 g, Sodium 600.5 mg, Sugar 3.9 g
CHICKEN (OR TURKEY) A LA KING
We always have this meal made with leftover turkey after the holidays. It is one of my father's favorites.
Provided by Karen From Colorado
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- For sauce, melt butter or margarine in a large saucepan.
- Stir in flour, salt, and pepper.
- Add the milk, water and bouillon all at once.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thick and bubbly.
- Stir in the chicken or turkey, mushrooms, peas and pimiento.
- Continue to stir and cook until sauce bubbles again.
- Serve over toast points, English muffins or biscuits.
CHICKEN A LA KING
love the creamy taste of chicken, goes well with rice, as a topping for pasta noodles or scooped over puffed pastry cups
Provided by Pneuma
Yield 1 big bowl, 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- cook mushrooms, bell pepper with butter, salt and pepper for 2-3 minutes.
- remove from heat and stir in flour.
- return to heat, stir 1 min then add broth and cream, bringing it to a boil, stirring constantly until slightly thickened.
- add the chicken into the pan and add pimento and heat through.
- Serve warm with your favorite long pasta noodles (spaghetti,angel hair,fettuccini) or warm rice or puffed pastry shells.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 351.2, Fat 31.5, SaturatedFat 19.5, Cholesterol 93.5, Sodium 806.3, Carbohydrate 13, Fiber 0.9, Sugar 1.3, Protein 5.6
TRADITIONAL CHICKEN A LA KING
We raise fryers to feed our family for months. And this is one of our favorite ways to prepare chicken. It's a traditional dish that's sure to please.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4-6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 14
- In large saucepan, saute the mushrooms, carrots, onion and green pepper in butter until vegetables are crisp-tender. , In a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, pepper and sage; stir in milk and broth until smooth. Gradually add to vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened; Add peas and chicken. , Simmer, uncovered, for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Serve with biscuits.
Nutrition Facts :
CHICKEN A LA KING (POACHED W/ WHITE WINE)
This is a modified version of Rachael Ray's Chicken a la King. It uses no condensed soups and is healthier than most a la kings. She serves it over some Grands biscuits that had paprika or cayenne sprinkled on top of them before baking. I served this over brown rice for health. She used pimientos as well, I replaced them with celery. You can put this on top of any starch.
Provided by Demandy
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In medium skillet, bring white wine and broth and 1 bay leaf to a boil. Gently add in chicken breasts and let them poach uncovered for 10 to 12 minutes (until cooked through).
- In another larger skillet, heat oil and butter over medium heat. When butter melts into oil, add mushrooms, celery, onion, and green onion. Cook five minutes, until tender. Add flour and cook another minute.
- Pull chicken from broth and set on cutting board. Discard bay leaf. Ladle cooking liquid into the mushrooms, whisking it inches Add peas to the sauce. Season to taste. Dice chicken into bite-sized pieces and add to the sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 534.7, Fat 12.7, SaturatedFat 4.9, Cholesterol 81.1, Sodium 416.5, Carbohydrate 58.4, Fiber 6, Sugar 4.1, Protein 35.3
People also searched
More about "chicken la king food"
CHICKEN A LA KING - JO COOKS
4.4/5 (30)Calories 368 per servingCategory Dinner
- Cook Ingredients: Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion, mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes or until the onion is softened. Next, add the salt, pepper, chicken bouillon and stir.
- Add Ingredients: Sprinkle the flour over the mushrooms, stir and cook until there's no more specs of white flour. Add the chicken broth, milk, and stir. Lower the heat to medium-low and continue stirring and cooking for another 5 minutes until sauce thickens, ensuring there are no lumps.
- Cook: Stir in the peas, pimentos, cooked chicken and cook for another 5 minutes or until the chicken is heated through and the sauce is bubbly.
CHICKEN à LA KING | CHICKEN.CA
Servings 5Calories 320 per serving
EASY CHICKEN à LA KING RECIPE - INSANELY GOOD
4.5/5 (2)Total Time 30 minsCategory Chicken, Dinner, RecipesCalories 305 per serving
CHICKEN A LA KING RECIPE - TASTE.COM.AU
CHICKEN & ASPARAGUS à LA KING - FOOD NETWORK CANADA
HOT STAR LARGE FRIED CHICKEN - YELP
ST. LOUIS BAR & GRILL | DEVILISHLY GOOD
CHICKEN A LA KING - AHEAD OF THYME
CHICKEN A LA KING (+ VIDEO) - FAMILY FOOD ON THE TABLE
FOOD WISHES VIDEO RECIPES: CHICKEN à LA KING – ONLY IN …
EASY CHICKEN A LA KING (SUPER TASTY QUICK FAMILY …
CHICKEN à LA KING RECIPE - SOUTHERN LIVING
CHICKEN A LA KING - THIS IS NOT DIET FOOD
QUICK KING RANCH CHICKEN CASSEROLE - GOOD FOOD ST.
BEST EVER CHICKEN A LA KING RECIPE - FOOD.COM
ST. LOUIS BAR & GRILL, TORONTO - 92 KING ST E, OLD …
TODAY IS NATIONAL CHEESEBURGER DAY: HERE ARE ALL THE DEALS
CHICKEN à LA KING IN TOAST CUPS | CANADIAN LIVING
You'll also love