WHITE CHICKEN CHILI STEW
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the scallions, garlic, jalapeno, chili powder and 2 teaspoons salt and cook until soft, about 2 minutes. Add the chicken broth, yucca, corn, carrots and chipotles and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce to a simmer and cook until the yucca is tender, about 15 minutes. Stir to break up the yucca and thicken the broth slightly.
- Add the chicken and beans and cook, stirring occasionally, to heat and thicken, about 10 minutes. Stir in the cilantro before serving.
CHICKEN GREEN CHILI STEW
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large heavy-bottomed pot. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Brown the chicken on both sides, for a total of 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Saute the garlic, poblano peppers and onions. Add the ancho chile powder, cumin and some salt and pepper to the pot, and saute until tender, about 4 minutes. Return the chicken to the pot and stir in the chicken stock, green chiles and potatoes. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender and the chicken is cooked through, 25 minutes.
- Serve in bowls topped with cilantro and cheese if using.
CHICKEN AND HATCH CHILE STEW
This bold & flavorful chicken and hatch chile stew is ready to go in just 1 hour! It's loaded with shredded chicken, fresh corn, rice and of course, hatch chiles!
Provided by gpindc
Categories < 60 Mins
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 22
- In a large large stock pot or Dutch oven set over medium heat, heat the olive oil. When the oil is hot, add the onion and corn, cook until fragrant, about 6 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, then sprinkle in the coriander, cumin, paprika, salt and pepper and continue stirring/cooking for an additional minute or so.
- Add the hatch chiles, salsa verde, chicken stock, water and lime juice. Turn the heat up and bring the mixture to a boil. Add the chicken and cilantro, simmer for 20 minutes. Pour in the rice, cook until tender, about 15 minutes or so. Garnish and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1020.8, Fat 66.2, SaturatedFat 16.9, Cholesterol 187.4, Sodium 1344, Carbohydrate 54.3, Fiber 9.7, Sugar 14.1, Protein 54.5
CHILI CHICKEN STEW
- Skin and bone chicken. Cut in 1-inch pieces.
- Cook chicken, onion, pepper and garlic in oil until chicken loses its pink color.
- Add tomatoes, beans, rice, chili powder, cumin, picante sauce and salt to taste.
- Simmer 20 minutes.
- May serve in bowls with cheese, onion, avocado, sour cream or additional picante sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 505, Fat 16.7, SaturatedFat 4.3, Cholesterol 92.8, Sodium 437.2, Carbohydrate 49, Fiber 8.9, Sugar 8.5, Protein 39.9
SOUTHWEST CHICKEN & GREEN CHILI STEW
This is a wonderful stew for those cold winter months. You can also add other toppings like sour cream and cheese.
Provided by Mika G.
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Trim fat from chicken. Cut chicken into cubes. Heat 1/2 of the broth to boiling in Dutch oven. Cook chicken in broth about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until white. Remove chicken from broth with slotted spoon.
- Cook garlic and chilies in broth in Dutch oven over medium-high heat 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in flour. Cook over low heat 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Gradually stir in remaining broth.
- Stir in chicken and remaining ingredients except cornstarch, water and tortilla chips. Heat to boiling then reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Mix cornstarch and cold water; stir into stew. Cook, stirring frequently, until heated through and thickened. Serve sprinkled with tortilla chips.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 199.2, Fat 2.2, SaturatedFat 0.5, Cholesterol 65.8, Sodium 642.4, Carbohydrate 16.4, Fiber 2.5, Sugar 4.5, Protein 29.1
CHICKEN CHILI TACO STEW
I got this recipe from my friend Shelly. I made a few modifications for my family and now it's one of our favorite dinners. It is very low point friendly (if you're on Weight Watchers) and high in taste. We have enjoyed it year round.
Provided by Chef Doozer
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Saute chicken, onion, garlic, and green pepper in cooking spray.
- Add remaining ingredients. Heat on stove until warm throughout.
- (You can also cook this in the crockpot on low all day or high for a few hours--no need to saute veggies for the crockpot version.)
- If desired, top stew with shredded cheese, sour cream, avocados, and crushed up tortilla chips. My kids love to eat this as a dip for their chips. I serve it with the baked version of tortilla chips.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 310, Fat 6.1, SaturatedFat 1.5, Cholesterol 29.3, Sodium 1420.6, Carbohydrate 45.5, Fiber 7.8, Sugar 7.2, Protein 22.7
CHILI CHICKEN STEW
- Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces.
- Cook chicken, onion, green pepper, and garlic in hot oil in a Dutch oven until lightly browned.
- Add next 6 ingredients; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Serve in soup bowls; top individual servings with remaining ingredients.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 312.2, Fat 4.7, SaturatedFat 0.8, Cholesterol 68.4, Sodium 777.1, Carbohydrate 32.9, Fiber 9.1, Sugar 8.9, Protein 35.9
People also searched
More about "chili chicken stew food"
ONE POT CHICKEN AND VEGETABLE STEW - MSN.COM
CHICKEN CHILI RECIPES
THE ULTIMATE COMFORT FOOD, CHICKEN CHILI | FOODTALK
GREEN CHILE CHICKEN STEW - HATCH GREEN CHILE RECIPES - DESSERT …
CHICKEN STEW RECIPES
10 CHICKEN STEW RECIPES THAT MAKE FOR COMFORTING DINNERS
CHILI-CHICKEN STEW RECIPE - FOOD.COM
QUICK AND EASY CHICKEN CHILI STEW RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
CHILI CHICKEN STEW RECIPE - FOOD.COM
CHICKEN CHILI STEW RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
46 LOW-CALORIE DINNER RECIPES | QUICK LOW-CALORIE DINNERS
PACE CHILI CHICKEN STEW - RECIPE - COOKS.COM
SLOW COOKER CHICKEN CHILE VERDE STEW - THE REAL FOOD DIETITIANS
CHICKEN CHILI STEW – KIDNEY COMMUNITY KITCHEN
HATCH GREEN CHILI CHICKEN STEW RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD
#weeknight #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #main-dish #beans #poultry #american #southwestern-united-states #tex-mex #easy #fall #winter #chicken #dietary #one-dish-meal #seasonal #meat #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook green chile chicken stew with no cream?No cream green chile chicken stew. In a small 3-quart soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion to the pot, and cook while stirring occasionally until softened and starting to turn golden brown on the edges, about 5 minutes. Next, stir in the minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
What are the best recipes for chicken chili?A add the chopped jalapeno, coriander, cumin, diced tomatoes, and beans. Juice the lime and add it to the stew along with the corn kernels. Taste and season with salt and pepper, as needed. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes longer, stirring occasionally. Serve the chicken chili with sour cream, chopped red onion, and chopped cilantro.
What do you put in your chicken stew?Her cookbook has a wonderful simple chicken stew with potato chunks, sweet corn kernels, and an excess of freshly ground black pepper. The potatoes lend a starchy creaminess to the stew that lets the rest of the flavors shine through. I adapted her recipe to include green chiles, while leaving out the tomatoes in her original recipe.
What are the different types of chicken stew?Not many meals are as comforting as a chicken stew, especially on a chilly day. These stews can present themselves in a number of different ways, like jambalaya, gumbo, and chili, to name a few. Many stew recipes draw from essential pantry and freezer ingredients and can rely on the slow cooker for easy meal preparation.