CREAMY COCONUT CURRY WITH SHRIMP
My mother gave this recipe to me and it is great for an impressive dinner party. Fresh shrimp in a wonderful creamy coconut curry sauce served over rice. Top with chopped green onion, minced red bell pepper, chopped roasted peanuts, or toasted flaked coconut, if you like.
Provided by Lori Lyn
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and saute until they just turn pink, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
- Add onion and bell pepper to the skillet and cook until crisp-tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Whisk in flour, curry powder, pepper, and salt. Cook, whisking constantly, for 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in chicken broth and coconut milk; continue cooking over medium heat until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Stir in cooked shrimp and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until shrimp are thoroughly heated. Serve curry immediately over rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 386.5 calories, Carbohydrate 35.7 g, Cholesterol 181.7 mg, Fat 16.7 g, Fiber 3.1 g, Protein 23.7 g, SaturatedFat 12.9 g, Sodium 594.6 mg, Sugar 3.7 g
CREAMY CHICKEN (OR PRAWN) CURRY
This is based on an Australian Weight Watchers recipe. It's very healthy and low fat but tastes like it isn't! I often double the sauce and use it to cook up a 500g bag of defrosted frozen prawn meat. I also change up the veggies ... use whatever you have on hand. I like to throw in a handful of baby spinach right at the end. I have often thought it might be nice with a small tin of pineapple and a tsp of coconut extract ... let me know if you try this!
Provided by Gingernut
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Cook chicken in a hot pan coated with cooking spray till brown and tender. (If using prawns, you can stirfry them at this point till they turn pink, or you can wait till the end and just cook them in the sauce for a few minutes.) Remove from the pan and keep warm.
- Saute the garlic, curry powder, carrots, onion and capsicum for 4 - 5 minutes.
- Combine cornflour and water in a small bowl.
- Turn the heat way down low and stir in the milk, stock and cornflour/water mixture. Stir until sauce thickens. Return chicken to the pan and coat with the curry sauce.
- Serve over rice.
- NOTE: After a review stating this was "bland" I realised that Keen's Curry Powder (available in Australia) may be quite different from brands available overseas. Keen's brand curry powder has a fairly high salt content. You may need to add salt to this recipe if your curry powder is low in salt.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 236.8, Fat 4.5, SaturatedFat 1, Cholesterol 96, Sodium 245.3, Carbohydrate 14.4, Fiber 3.8, Sugar 5.7, Protein 33.6
CHICKEN OR PRAWN JAVANESE BEER CURRY
This is a smooth, creamy and fruity curry recipe I found in the October 1979 Bon Appetit magazine. Someday that old magazine will fall apart completely and I'll feel much better if this recipe is recorded somewhere.
Provided by Marysdottir
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Melt butter over medium heat and brown onion, garlic and ginger until golden.
- Combine curry powder and flour and add to onion, stirring to blend. Reduce heat to low and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add Broth, beer, apple, chutney, tomato paste, honey and lemon juice. Blend well and simmer on low about 25 minutes.
- Let cool slightly then transfer to food processor and blend until smooth. Strain through a sieve to make a perfectly smooth sauce.
- Return to pan and stir in cream. Add shrimp, prawns or chicken and heat through gently.
- Season with salt and garnish with green onion, chopped peanuts or roasted coconut. Lovely with coconut rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 384.5, Fat 31.6, SaturatedFat 19.4, Cholesterol 104.4, Sodium 312.6, Carbohydrate 20.3, Fiber 2.8, Sugar 9.6, Protein 4
People also searched
More about "creamy chicken or prawn curry food"
CHICKEN & PRAWN CURRY - BEST CHICKEN & PRAWN RECIPE, …
Cuisine IndianCategory CurryServings 4-6Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
CREAMY SHRIMP CURRY - SIMPLY DELICIOUS
RUSSELL HOWARD'S CHICKEN & PRAWN CURRY - JAMIE OLIVER
PRAWN CURRY RECIPE - FOOD.COM
MALAI PRAWNS (CREAMY PRAWN CURRY) RECIPE - THE SPRUCE …
CHICKEN-AND-PRAWN CURRY - WOOLWORTHS TASTE
KASHMIRI CHICKEN AND PRAWN CURRY WITH LYCHEES - FOODLE CLUB
PRAWN CURRY RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
PRAWN CURRY RECIPE - FOOD.COM
CREAMY PRAWN CURRY RECIPE BY TASMEYA - HALAAL.RECIPES
PRAWN COCONUT CREAM CURRY RECIPE | THE POP FOOD
CREAMY CHICKEN OR PRAWN CURRY RECIPE - WEBETUTORIAL
RICHARD'S CHICKEN AND PRAWN CURRY - FOOD24
CREAMY CHICKEN OR PRAWN CURRY RECIPES
CREAMY PRAWN CURRY RECIPE - FOOD.COM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook prawn curry?Add the garam masala, coriander, and cumin, and cook until the oil begins to separate from the mixture. Add the coconut milk and bring to a boil. Add salt to taste. Add the prawns and cook for another 2 minutes. Turn off the heat and stir in the cream.
What to serve with chicken and prawn curry?All you need by way of accompaniment is a slice of delicious buttery garlic naan, so I’m including my recipe for 2-ingredient naan bread (4 if you count the garlic and butter for frying). This is the most amazing naan bread – it’s soft and chewy, made in minutes, and goes perfectly with the Kashmiri chicken and prawn curry.
What is Kashmiri chicken and prawn curry?Kashmiri chicken and prawn curry is a mild, fragrant curry, sweetened by the addition of fresh lychees. Yoghurt provides a hint of a tang, and flaked almonds add a delightful crunch. You won’t believe how much flavour is packed into this dish until you try it for yourself!
How do you cook chicken and prawn stir fry?Cook chicken in a hot pan coated with cooking spray till brown and tender. (If using prawns, you can stirfry them at this point till they turn pink, or you can wait till the end and just cook them in the sauce for a few minutes.) Remove from the pan and keep warm. Saute the garlic, curry powder, carrots, onion and capsicum for 4 - 5 minutes.