CLASSIC DEVILED EGGS
This recipe is adapted from ''U.S.A. Cookbook," a tribute to classic all-American dishes, written by Sheila Lukins, a co-author of the Silver Palate cookbooks that were popular in the 80s and 90s. There are no newfangled ingredients here - no lemongrass or curry or pesto - just eggs, mustard, mayonnaise, a dash of Tabasco and a festive sprinkle of paprika (if you're feeling fancy, garnish with chives). They are basic, but spectacular, and always a welcome addition to the picnic table.
Provided by Alex Witchel
Categories easy, appetizer
Yield 12 halves
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Rinse eggs with warm water, and place in a small saucepan. Cover with cold water, place the pan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Turn off heat, cover and let sit for 10-12 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold water and peel. Cool in the refrigerator, loosely covered, for 15 minutes.
- Halve eggs lengthwise, and carefully scoop out yolks. Place yolks in a bowl, and mash with a fork. Add mustard, Tabasco, salt, pepper and snipped chives. Stir in mayonnaise.
- Fill each egg white with about 1 1/2 teaspoons of the egg-yolk mixture and dust the top with paprika. Arrange in a spoke design on a platter; garnish with whole chives.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 61, UnsaturatedFat 4 grams, Carbohydrate 0 grams, Fat 5 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 3 grams, SaturatedFat 1 gram, Sodium 69 milligrams, Sugar 0 grams, TransFat 0 grams
DILL DEVILED EGGS
This is a nice twist to the classic deviled eggs recipe. Loved by both adults and children! The recipe calls for everything fresh but works well with dried ingredients too. Just make sure to make a day ahead of time and let the yolk mixture sit to soften the dried herbs, then put into the egg whites.
Provided by amydietrichmark
Categories < 15 Mins
Yield 24 egg half
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Combine eggs yolks, mayo, lemon juice, parsley, dill, chives, salt and pepper.
- Put into egg whites.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 58.1, Fat 4.3, SaturatedFat 1.1, Cholesterol 94.5, Sodium 66, Carbohydrate 1.5, Sugar 0.6, Protein 3.2
DEVILED EGGS WITH CHIVES
- Place eggs in large saucepan. Add enough cold water to cover by 1-inch. Cover the pan and bring just to a boil. Remove pan from heat and let eggs stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Remove eggs to bowl of cold water and let cool, about 15 minutes. Peel eggs, cut in half lengthwise and remove the yolks to a bowl. Set aside the whites.
- Use a fork to mash the yolks with the remaining ingredients. Mound the yolk mixture back into the hollow of the egg whites, spooning about 1 tablespoons in each half-egg. Sprinkle with reserved chives and serve.
SCALLION-CHIVE DEVILED EGGS
- Place the eggs in a wide pot, cover with cold water by 1 inch and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer 10 minutes.
- Drain the eggs and run under cold water to cool. Peel the eggs and cut in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the yolks into a food processor and puree with the mayonnaise, scallions, parsley and capers.
- Spoon or pipe the filling into the egg whites. Top with chives.
This recipe comes from the Durbin Inn, a well-known restaurant in Rushville, Indiana from the 1920s until it closed in the late '70s. The eggs are delicious, and it's easy to make more for larger gatherings. -Margaret Sanders
Provided by MilkAndCookies
Categories < 15 Mins
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise; remove yolks and set whites aside.
- In a small bowl, mash yolks with a fork.
- Add the mayonnaise, sugar, vinegar, mustard and salt; mix well.
- Stuff or pipe into egg whites.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 300.1, Fat 20.9, SaturatedFat 5.6, Cholesterol 563.3, Sodium 900.4, Carbohydrate 7.5, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 4.8, Protein 19.1
People also searched
More about "deviledeggswithchives food"
OUR 15 BEST DEVILED EGGS TASTE SIMPLY DIVINE - ALLRECIPES
DEVILED EGG RECIPES | MARTHA STEWART
DEVILED EGG RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
DEVILED EGG RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE DEVILED EGGS: A STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE
THE 10 BEST RESTON FOOD DELIVERY & TAKEOUT - UBER EATS
VIETNAMESE FOOD DELIVERY IN RESTON - ORDER VIETNAMESE FOOD …
RESTON TOWN CENTER
PERFECT DEVILED EGGS WITH FRESH CHIVES - FOOD52
DEVILED EGGS WITH CHIVES FOOD - HOMEANDRECIPE.COM
AIR FRYER FRIED DEVILED EGGS | AIRFRIED.COM
DEVILED EGGS WITH BACON & CHIVES - GIRL GONE GOURMET
EASY DEVILED EGGS - THE SEASONED MOM
10 BEST DEVILED EGGS MIRACLE WHIP RECIPES | YUMMLY
DEVILED EGGS RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
You'll also love