FAT FREE WHOLE WHEAT TORTILLAS
I wanted tortillas to go with tonight's dinner but was out of them. So I went searching for a recipe that did not contain any fat. I found this one, and tweaked it a bit, in one of my favorite cookbooks "500 Fat Free Recipes." My husband could not get enough of them. We dipped them into soup and made bean burritos out of them.
Provided by ladypit
Yield 12-16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 2
- In a large bowl combine the flour and 1 cup of water.
- Mix well.
- If it needs more water to get to a dough stage, then add.
- On a floured surface knead the dough until it is soft.
- Make it into balls (12-16 depending on size).
- Then flour a board well.
- Take each ball and roll it as flat as you can.
- Meanwhile heat a pan until it is quite hot.
- Place the rolled out tortilla in the pan and cook for about 45 seconds to 1 minute or until it is bubbling and starting to brown.
- Then turn it over and cook for another 45 seconds.
- Place a clean cotton dishtowel on a plate.
- As each tortilla comes out of the pan put it inside the towel and wrap them up.
- I got 16 tortillas but my pan is small.
- If you want bigger tortillas, make bigger balls of dough.
FAT FREE FLOUR TORTILLA
Do you ever see those recipes that advise people to use "fat free tortillas?" I've never seen them in the stores, ever. So this is a great way to enjoy tortillas without the fat and cholesterol. I often make a bunch and then cut some of them up for tortilla chips and then freeze the rest of them.
Provided by Katie 7
Yield 12 tortillas
Number Of Ingredients 5
- In large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir well. Add fat-free mayonnaise and use pastry blender (or fork) and blend until flour mixture appears to be coarse throughout.
- Add hot water and stir well. Knead in extra flour. Cover and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
- Set iron griddle over medium to medium-high heat. Tear off a piece of dough, roll into a ball (approximately 2 1/2-inches).
- On well-floured board, roll dough out into a circular flat form as thin as possible (less than 1/8-inch thickness) approximately 6 inches in diameter. Add more flour if dough is sticky.
- Place tortilla on heated griddle and allow it to bubble slightly. Heat for approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Flip tortilla and brown other side approximately 1 minute longer. If tortilla has browned in variable spots and does not have a dough-like texture, then it is done.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 155.8, Fat 0.6, SaturatedFat 0.1, Cholesterol 0.5, Sodium 392.1, Carbohydrate 32.6, Fiber 1.2, Sugar 0.5, Protein 4.3
People also searched
More about "fat free flour tortilla food"
95% FAT FREE FLOUR TORTILLAS, SOFT TACO - EAT THIS MUCH
98% FAT FREE FLOUR TORTILLAS (SOFT TACO SIZE) CALORIES, CARBS ...
CALORIES IN MANNY'S FAT FREE FLOUR TORTILLAS AND NUTRITION FACTS
FAT FREE FLOUR TORTILLA RECIPES - EASY RECIPES
FAT FREE FLOUR TORTILLAS CALORIES, CARBS & NUTRITION FACTS ...
MISSION - 96% FAT FREE LARGE FLOUR TORTILLA - MYFITNESSPAL.COM
FAT FREE TORTILLAS RECIPE | CDKITCHEN.COM
FAT FREE FLOUR TORTILLA CALORIES, CARBS & NUTRITION FACTS ...
MISSION BURRITO FLOUR TORTILLAS, LARGE SIZE, 16 COUNT, TRANS …
FAT FREE FLOUR TORTILLA CALORIES, CARBS & NUTRITION FACTS
FLOUR TORTILLAS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
FAT-FREE FLOUR TORTILLAS - BIGOVEN.COM
FAT-FREE FLOUR TORTILLAS - BIGOVEN.COM
FAT FREE FLOUR TORTILLAS - FATSECRET
FAT IN TORTILLAS - FATSECRET
95% FAT FREE FLOUR TORTILLAS, SOFT TACO - MYFITNESSPAL.COM
TORTILLA KING INC. - 98% FAT FREE FLOUR TORTILLAS - MYFOODDATA
TORTILLA - KITCHEN DICTIONARY - FOOD.COM
#time-to-make #course #preparation #5-ingredients-or-less #flat-shapes #breads #easy #inexpensive #4-hours-or-less
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
Are tortillas made from corn flour?Tortillas can be made from corn flour (masa) or wheat flour, but they are always baked on a griddle. Tortillas can be eaten plain or wrapped around various fillings. Tortillas are the base for burritos, tacos and a multitude of other dishes. Both corn and flour tortillas are sold prepackaged in the refrigerated section of most supermarkets.
How many grams of fat in a tortilla?Fat in Tortillas The favorite choice for the term "Tortillas" is 1 medium Tortilla which has about 2 grams of fat. The total fat, saturated fat and other fats for a variety of types and serving sizes of Tortillas is shown below. View other nutritional values (such as Calories or Carbs) using the filter below:
Do tortillas need to be refrigerated?Tortillas are the base for burritos, tacos and a multitude of other dishes. Both corn and flour tortillas are sold prepackaged in the refrigerated section of most supermarkets. In Spain the word tortilla refers to a thin omelet, the tradition version of which contains potatoes and Spanish onions.
How do you reheat flour tortillas?To reheat the tortillas, tuck them in an"envelope" made out of aluminum foil and heat in a 325°F oven for 10 to 15 minutes. “Here is a pretty easy way to make your own flour tortillas. They are so good when they're homemade.”