GINGER-SPICED RHUBARB CRISP
A very tart dessert with a delicious topping that goes well with whipped cream on top.
Provided by Cheerios
Categories Desserts Crisps and Crumbles Recipes Rhubarb Crisps and Crumbles Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Spread rhubarb into a 1 1/2-quart casserole dish to cover the bottom completely. Sprinkle white sugar evenly over the rhubarb.
- Mix flour, brown sugar, ginger, and cinnamon together in a large bowl. Blend butter into the sugar mixture with a pastry cutter until the mixture forms crumbs the size of a small pea; spread over the rhubarb.
- Bake in preheated oven until the top is lightly browned, about 30 minutes. Cool crisp before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 373.3 calories, Carbohydrate 77.3 g, Cholesterol 17.4 mg, Fat 7 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 2.9 g, SaturatedFat 4.3 g, Sodium 55.8 mg, Sugar 59.3 g
When you think of rhubarb you probably think of strawberry-rhubarb pie, a quintessential spring dessert, especially if it's made by someone who makes good pies. I usually manage around one pie crust annually, so I need alternatives. Thus, when the spring's first rhubarb shows up, I adjust the execution and produce a crisp. If rhubarb is young and fresh, you can trim it in seconds. If it has fibrous outer strings, peel them off as you would those of celery. Toss the rhubarb with orange or lemon juice and zest, and only a little sugar. (You can also substitute strawberries for some of the rhubarb if you want the classic combination.) Blend the ingredients for the crisp topping in a food processor, crumble the topping over the rhubarb mixture, and bake - it is nearly effortless and as good or better than a pie.
Provided by Mark Bittman
Categories easy, dessert
Yield 6 to 8 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Grease an 8- or 9-inch square baking or gratin dish with a little butter. Toss rhubarb with white sugar, orange or lemon juice and zest, and spread in baking dish.
- Put the 6 tablespoons butter in a food processor along with brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt, and pulse for about 20 or 30 seconds, until it looks like small peas and just begins to clump together. Add oats and pecans and pulse just a few times to combine.
- Crumble the topping over rhubarb and bake until golden and beginning to brown, 45 to 50 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 276, UnsaturatedFat 7 grams, Carbohydrate 37 grams, Fat 14 grams, Fiber 4 grams, Protein 4 grams, SaturatedFat 6 grams, Sodium 48 milligrams, Sugar 22 grams, TransFat 0 grams
Make and share this Rhubarb Crisp recipe from Food.com.
Provided by selphie
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Combine rhubarb, sugar, flour and cinnamon and put into 8" x 8" x 2" glass baking dish.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, rolled oats and melted butter and sprinkle streusel over rhubarb mixture.
- Bake at 375 for 35 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 838.6, Fat 24.6, SaturatedFat 14.9, Cholesterol 61, Sodium 229.7, Carbohydrate 152, Fiber 6.6, Sugar 106.2, Protein 7.9
People also searched
More about "ginger rhubarb crisp food"
PAULA DEEN: STRAWBERRY RHUBARB GINGER CRISP RECIPE
RHUBARB GINGER CRISP | FOOD GYPSY
CLASSIC RHUBARB CRISP RECIPE (RHUBARB ONLY!) - TARA …
PINEAPPLE RHUBARB CRISP WITH GINGER - FLAVOUR AND …
RHUBARB AND CANDIED GINGER CROSTATA RECIPE - SARAH …
RHUBARB AND GINGER CRISP - ALLERGIC LIVING
RHUBARB HONEY CRISP | FOODLAND ONTARIO
HOMEMADE APPLE RHUBARB CRISP (GF OPTION) • THE …
GINGER CARDAMOM RHUBARB CRISP RECIPE - CROSBY'S …
GINGER RHUBARB CRISP • THE VIEW FROM GREAT ISLAND
4.8/5 (6)Calories 409 per servingCategory Dessert
- Put the crumble ingredients in the same bowl and mix with your fingertips until it has a coarse crumbly consistency.
RHUBARB CRISP RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Category Healthy Rhubarb RecipesCalories 236 per servingTotal Time 1 hr 20 mins
GINGER RHUBARB CRISP | RECIPESTY
PEACH, RHUBARB & GINGER CRISP RECIPE | EATINGWELL
EASY RHUBARB CRISP WITH RASPBERRIES (CRUMBLE PIE)
RHUBARB CRISP RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
BEST RHUBARB CRISP RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE RHUBARB CRISP - THE …
STRAWBERRY-RHUBARB & GINGER CRISP | FOODLAND
RHUBARB CRISP - LOVE BAKES GOOD CAKES
21 BEST RHUBARB RECIPES - WHAT TO MAKE WITH RHUBARB
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you make rhubarb crisps gluten-free?Almond flour and chopped pistachios add some nuttiness to the topping and also make this crisp gluten-free. Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly coat a 7-by-11-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Combine rhubarb, maple syrup, orange zest, orange juice, fresh ginger, 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl.
How to cook rhubarb?Toss rhubarb with white sugar, orange or lemon juice and zest, and spread in baking dish. Put the 6 tablespoons butter in a food processor along with brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt, and pulse for about 20 or 30 seconds, until it looks like small peas and just begins to clump together.
How to cook rhubarb and maple syrup cookies?Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly coat a 7-by-11-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Combine rhubarb, maple syrup, orange zest, orange juice, fresh ginger, 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Spread evenly in the prepared baking dish.
How do you make a rhubarb cake?Mix the white sugar, 3 tablespoons of flour, salt, eggs, orange zest, and ginger together in a bowl until well combined; stir in the rhubarb. Pour the rhubarb mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Thoroughly combine 1/2 cup flour, brown sugar, butter, and cinnamon by pulsing in a food processor or blender.