ELLINIKOS LEMONI PATATAS (GREEK LEMON POTATOES)
- Peel potatoes and cut them in half (from medium size potatoes, quarter if large).
- Let them stand in water while preparing sauce.
- Combine all other ingredients in a gallon size"zipper" bag, and shake to combine.
- Dry off the potatoes, and put all of them in the bag and let marinate for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Put the potatoes and marinade in a large casserole, preferrably a white pyrex, approximately 13 x 9 x 3 oval.
- Roast for 1hr 10min, turning occasionally.
- There should be plenty of sauce left over after roasting.
- You can put these under the broiler for 5 minutes to crisp them up if you prefer.
ROASTED POTATOES WITH GARLIC, LEMON, AND OREGANO
For perfect Roasted Potatoes with Garlic, Lemon, and Oregano there is no need to peel them, but I suggest that you halve them, because they taste best when they can absorb more sauce.
Provided by Aglaia Kremezi
Yield Makes 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place the potatoes in a single layer in a 13-x-9-inch baking dish and pour the oil over them. Add the garlic, dried oregano, salt and pepper to taste and toss well to coat with the oil.
- Bake the potatoes for 15 minutes. Add the stock, toss and bake for 10 minutes more. Add the lemon juice, toss and bake for 10 to 15 minutes more, or until the potatoes are cooked through. If you like, preheat the broiler and broil the potatoes for 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with the fresh oregano and serve at once.
- Dissolve 1 tablespoon tomato paste in the stock, and reduce the amount of lemon juice to taste. Substitute Aleppo pepper or crushed red pepper flakes for the black pepper.
GREEK STYLE POTATOES
Greek Style Potatoes is a simple recipe, and the closest I can get to the real thing. The best is that it can be adjusted to your taste as you bake it. I sometimes add a little more lemon. The potatoes are moist, and great with green beans and baked chicken with a little salsa and feta on top.
Provided by Cathie
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil, water, garlic, lemon juice, thyme, rosemary, bouillon cubes and pepper.
- Arrange potatoes evenly in the bottom of a medium baking dish. Pour the olive oil mixture over the potatoes. Cover, and bake 1 1/2 to 2 hours in the preheated oven, turning occasionally, until tender but firm.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 417.8 calories, Carbohydrate 58.6 g, Cholesterol 0.3 mg, Fat 18.5 g, Fiber 7.4 g, Protein 7 g, SaturatedFat 2.6 g, Sodium 598.9 mg, Sugar 2.9 g
GREEK-STYLE LEMON POTATOES
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Spread potatoes evenly in a large casserole dish.
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, seasoned salt, chicken soup base, and Greek seasoning together in a separate dish. Pour over potatoes and stir to coat evenly.
- Roast in the preheated oven, uncovered, until just tender, about 30 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and continue to bake until fork-tender, about 15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 459.5 calories, Carbohydrate 77.1 g, Cholesterol 0.3 mg, Fat 14.1 g, Fiber 9.6 g, Protein 9.1 g, SaturatedFat 2 g, Sodium 683.8 mg, Sugar 3.9 g
GREEK LEMON ROASTED POTATOES
These are the perfect compliment to any Greek cuisine. Very Tasty!!! I serve these with Recipe#229467 & Recipe#229464 for the ultimate Greek meal!
Provided by Chef Decadent1
Categories Low Protein
Yield 6 , 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Heat oven to 325 and place potatoes that have been peeled and cut lenghtwise into thick wedges in a roasting pan.
- Combine remainder of ingredients and pour over potatoes. Bake for approximately 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until done. Serve with chicken breast souvlaki, greek salad, pita and tsatziki dip. Very good!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 303.2, Fat 9.3, SaturatedFat 1.3, Sodium 793.9, Carbohydrate 51, Fiber 6.4, Sugar 2.5, Protein 5.9
GREEK-STYLE LEMON ROASTED POTATOES
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Put potato wedges into a large bowl. Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice over the wedges and toss to coat. Season potatoes with salt, oregano, and black pepper; toss again to coat.
- Spread potato wedges in a single layer in a 2 inch-deep pan. Pour chicken broth over the potatoes.
- Roast potatoes in preheated oven until tender and golden brown, about 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 282.1 calories, Carbohydrate 39.9 g, Fat 12.2 g, Fiber 5.1 g, Protein 4.6 g, SaturatedFat 1.7 g, Sodium 789.1 mg, Sugar 1.8 g
LEMONY GREEK POTATOES
- To a large pot of cool water, add 3 large pinches of salt. Slice a lemon in half and squeeze the juice into the water. Add the squeezed lemon halves and the 4 whole cloves of garlic. Add the potatoes and bring the water to a boil; boil lightly until the potatoes are fork-tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain the potatoes completely, allowing as much liquid as possible to drain off. Cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, heat a large pan over medium-high heat and add olive oil to generously coat. Add the chopped garlic and saute until it just begins to soften but does not brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the potatoes cut-sides down in an even layer (you may have to do these in batches in order to not crowd the pan). Cook, flipping as necessary, until brown and crispy on all sides, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and red pepper. Add the oregano and the juice and zest from the remaining lemon. Stir to coat completely. Remove from the heat and serve!
GREEK LEMON POTATOES
Greek lemon potatoes are the ultimate side dish. Potatoes are slow-roasted with lemon, oregano, and olive oil until they melt in your mouth. Authentic Greek lemon potatoes like these don't use any chicken broth or similar. They're as simple as they are delicious!
Provided by Diana Moutsopoulos
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Arrange potatoes in a single layer in a large baking dish or roasting pan.
- Mix water, lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, oregano, salt, and pepper together. Pour over the potatoes and stir to coat.
- Bake in the preheated oven, carefully turning over halfway through, until potatoes are tender and nearly all excess liquid has evaporated, 75 to 90 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 398.7 calories, Carbohydrate 53.3 g, Fat 19 g, Fiber 4.7 g, Protein 5.9 g, SaturatedFat 2.7 g, Sodium 150.8 mg, Sugar 0.7 g
GREEK-STYLE LEMON POTATOES
Lemon, fresh oregano, and feta to brighten up potatoes-leave skin on or off. Serve alongside grilled fish, steak, or chicken with a tomato salad. Leftovers would be good, too. TY Just Jan for helping me improve this recipe. :)
Provided by WiGal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Remember to BOIL the chicken broth.
- Spray a 9- by 13-in. baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, toss potato cubes with lemon juice, olive oil, oregano, lemon zest, salt, and garlic; layer slices in baking dish.
- Pour 1 cup BOILING chicken broth over potatoes and bake, uncovered, until most of the broth has evaporated and potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Top with feta and bake until golden, about 15 minutes more.
People also searched
More about "greek style lemon roasted potatoes food"
ROASTED GREEK LEMON POTATOES RECIPE - GREEK FOOD
Cuisine Greek, MediterraneanTotal Time 55 minsCategory Greek Easter RecipesCalories 348 per serving
GREEK STYLE ROASTED LEMON POTATOES | PHOTOS & FOOD
GREEK STYLE LEMON ROASTED POTATOES - SPEND WITH PENNIES
GREEK LEMON-ROASTED POTATOES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (2)Total Time 1 hrCategory PotatoCalories 377 per serving
LEMON ROASTED POTATOES, GREEK STYLE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
4.5/5 (11)Category PotatoAuthor HeatherfeatherCalories 120 per serving
GREEK-STYLE LEMON ROASTED POTATOES - TEST.ELEMENT.ALLRECIPES.COM
GREEK LEMON ROASTED BABY POTATOES - AHEAD OF THYME
GREEK STYLE LEMON ROASTED POTATOES - SCHECKEATS
GREEK LEMON POTATOES RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE GREEK LEMON POTATOES
GREEK-STYLE LEMON ROASTED POTATOES RECIPE | RECIPES.NET
GREEK-STYLE OVEN-ROASTED LEMON-BUTTER PARMESAN …
GREEK STYLE LEMON ROASTED POTATOES - VAYIA'S KITCHEN
GREEK LEMON POTATOES | RECIPE CART
GREEK LEMON POTATOES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook Greek lemon potatoes?Greek Lemon Potatoes are a delicious, savory side dish perfect for any day of the week! Preheat oven to 400°F. Combine all ingredients except potatoes. Place potatoes in a greased 9x13 pan (metal is preferred).
How to bake potatoes in the oven with olive oil?Ready In. 2 h 20 m. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a small bowl, mix olive oil, water, garlic, lemon juice, thyme, rosemary, bouillon cubes and pepper. Arrange potatoes evenly in the bottom of a medium baking dish. Pour the olive oil mixture over the potatoes.
What are the most famous potatoes in Greece?The most famous potatoes in Greece come from the Cycladic island of Naxos. The island cultivates more than 8 million kilos of them each year, and it even has its own festival. The soil and microclimate on the island give them a clean, sweet taste . This recipe for roasted Greek lemon potatoes is traditional.
What goes with lemon roasted baby potatoes?These lemon roasted baby potatoes also pair nicely with any meat on the menu including herb-crusted rack of lamb, ribeye steak, or baked maple salmon. To make these delicious Greek lemon roasted baby potatoes, you will need the following ingredients: