GRILLED CHERRY TOMATOES
This tasty side dish is seasoned with herbs and butter. Just tuck the foil packet beside any meat you happen to be grilling.-Lucy Meyring, Walden, Colorado
Provided by Taste of Home
Categories Side Dishes
Yield 6 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Place tomatoes on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 24 in. x 12 in.). In a small skillet, saute garlic and oregano in butter for 2 minutes. Pour over tomatoes. Fold foil around tomatoes and seal tightly., Grill, covered, over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until tomatoes are heated through. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 73 calories, Fat 6g fat (4g saturated fat), Cholesterol 15mg cholesterol, Sodium 67mg sodium, Carbohydrate 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
ROASTED CHERRY TOMATOES
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss the tomatoes lightly with olive oil on a sheet pan. Spread them out into one layer and sprinkle generously with kosher salt and pepper. Roast for 15 to 20 minutes, until the tomatoes are soft.
- Transfer the tomatoes to a serving platter and sprinkle with basil leaves and sea salt. Serve hot or at room temperature.
ROASTED CHERRY TOMATOES
This is one of the easiest side dishes I've found. I don't even like most tomatoes, but I love these sweet little cherry tomatoes. This is the basic recipe, but you can also add slivered garlic to the roasting pan and/or chopped fresh basil and Parmesan cheese at the end. Very good with pasta!
Provided by Kristen M
Categories Side Dish Vegetables Tomatoes
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Whisk olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add cherry tomatoes; toss to coat.
- Spread cherry tomatoes in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast until skins are slightly shriveled, 35 to 40 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 84.5 calories, Carbohydrate 5.5 g, Fat 7.1 g, Fiber 1.2 g, Protein 1 g, SaturatedFat 1 g, Sodium 446.7 mg, Sugar 0.3 g
MARINATED GRILLED CHERRY TOMATOES SKEWERS
- Whisk together the oil, vinegar, garlic paste and thyme in a medium bowl, add the tomatoes and toss to coat. Let tomatoes sit at room temperature for 30 minutes to marinate.
- Heat the grill to high.
- Remove the tomatoes from the marinade and skewer 4 per skewer, depending on the size of the tomatoes). Season on both sides with salt and pepper and grill until golden brown and slightly charred on both sides, about 6 minutes. Transfer the skewers to a platter and garnish with chives.
GRILLED CHERRY TOMATO CHUTNEY
- Prepare a charcoal grill for direct grilling, high heat.
- Toss the tomatoes with oil and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a grill basket and grill until charred and slightly soft, tossing occasionally, about 5 minutes
- Combine the vinegar, sugar, coriander and cumin seeds in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until thickened to a glaze, about 10 minutes. Let cool slightly, then pour over the tomatoes. Toss, mashing the tomatoes slightly. Add the herbs and the zest, toss again, taste and season.
GRILLED CHICKEN BREAST WITH MARINATED CHERRY TOMATO SALAD
"This is a great summertime dish as tomatoes are at their peak during the summer," says Marc. "Serve with some crusty bread to soak up any leftover cherry tomatoes."
Provided by Marc Forgione
Yield 2 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- For the marinated cherry tomatoes: Toast the coriander seeds in a small skillet over medium heat until fragrant, 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer to a mortar and pestle and crack. Allow to cool.
- Bring a medium pot of water to a boil. Make a small "x" incision at the bottom of each tomato. Blanch the cherry tomatoes for 1 minute and immediately transfer them to a large bowl filled with ice water (an ice bath). Allow the tomatoes to cool, and then peel the tomatoes and discard the skins.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the coriander, peeled tomatoes, onions, olive oil, ginger juice, basil, mint, vinegar, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper, cover, and allow the tomato mixture to sit at room temperature for 4 hours.
- For the chicken: Combine the olive oil, basil and garlic in a large bowl. Add the chicken breasts, making sure to coat all sides with the marinade. Cover and let marinate for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and pat dry with a towel. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add chicken breasts and grill for around 5 minutes on each side, depending on how hot your grill is, or until cooked through.
- Serve the chicken with some of the marinated tomatoes on top.
CHERRY TOMATO AND GRILLED CORN SALAD
Provided by Food Network
Yield 2 quarts
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Whisk vinegar and oil, season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cut kernels off the corn cob. Put corn, tomatoes, onions, peppers, and parsley into a bowl to combine. Pour vinaigrette over salad, mix well, and adjust seasonings.
GRILLED CHERRY TOMATOES WITH GARLIC
I saw a picture of this in Better Homes & Gardens magazine and can't wait to try this with fresh from the garden tomatoes!
Provided by Sharon123
Yield 24 tomatoes
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Remove stems from tomatoes. With the tip of a sharp knife, pierce tomatoes. Carefully insert a sliver of garlic into each tomato.
- Place tomatoes in the center of a 18x12 sheet of foil. Drizzle tomatoes with the olive oil; sprinkle with rosemary, parsley, sugar and salt. Bring the two long sides of the foil together and seal with a double fold. Fold remaining edges together to completely enclose tomatoes.
- Grill tomatoes on the rack of a grill directly over coals or gas burners for 4 to 5 minutes or until heated through. Or bake in a preheated 350*F. oven for 4 to 5 minute or until heated through.
- To serve, carefully open foil packet(watch out for hot steam!). Move tomatoes to a serving platter. Sprinkle with salt and serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 9.5, Fat 0.6, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 25.2, Carbohydrate 1, Fiber 0.2, Sugar 0.6, Protein 0.2
GRILLED PEPPERS AND CHERRY TOMATOES
This goes wonderfully with our Grilled Shrimp with Chimichurri.
Provided by Martha Stewart
Categories Food & Cooking Appetizers Finger Food Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 3
- Boil a pot of water and add kosher salt. Soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes. Boil summer peppers (1 to 2 per skewer) until tender, 1 to 3 minutes. Drain. Thread onto skewers with cherry tomatoes (about 3 per skewer). Grill over high heat until charred and tomatoes just begin to burst, 6 to 8 minutes, turning often.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 39 g, Protein 2 g, Sodium 119 g
GRILLED CHERRY TOMATOES WITH CURRY AND GOLDEN RAISINS
A bright favorite of summer, cherry tomatoes get an unorthodox treatment here. Instead of being served plain or as part of a salad, they are tossed with salt and pepper and skewered and grilled until slightly soft and a bit blistered. The tomatoes are then dressed in cool yogurt with mint and golden raisins and spiced with curry powder.
Provided by John Willoughby And Chris Schlesinger
Categories easy, quick, side dish
Yield 4 side-dish servings
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Build a fire in your grill; when the flames have died down, all the coals are covered with gray ash and the temperature is medium (you can hold your hand 5 inches above the grill for about 5 seconds), you're ready to cook. (For a gas grill, turn all burners to high, lower cover and heat for 15 minutes, then turn burners to medium.)
- Meanwhile, toss the cherry tomatoes with the oil, sprinkle them generously with the salt and pepper and thread them onto skewers loosely enough so they are just touching. Prepare the remaining ingredients but keep them separate.
- Put the tomato skewers on the grill directly over the coals and cook, rolling around a few times, just until they are slightly soft and a bit blistered, 3 to 4 minutes. Slide the tomatoes off the skewers into a large bowl, add the yogurt, raisins, mint and curry powder one after another, toss, season to taste if needed and serve.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 161, UnsaturatedFat 9 grams, Carbohydrate 14 grams, Fat 12 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 3 grams, SaturatedFat 2 grams, Sodium 342 milligrams, Sugar 9 grams
People also searched
More about "grilled cherry tomatoes food"
GRILLED CHERRY TOMATOES - BEYOND THE CHICKEN COOP
Estimated Reading Time 3 mins
GRILLED TOMATOES RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
Estimated Reading Time 40 secs
GARLIC ROASTED CHERRY TOMATOES RECIPE | THE NOVICE CHEF
JUICY GRILLED TOMATOES RECIPE - MELISSA RUBEL JACOBSON
GRILLED GREEK SALAD WITH CHICKEN - OUTSIDE ONLINE
GRILLED CHERRY TOMATOES RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - TASTE OF HOME
GRILLED CHERRY TOMATO SKEWERS ON TOAST WITH GOAT CHEESE
THE BEST CHERRY TOMATO RECIPES - MARTHA STEWART
WE HAVE ENOUGH CHERRY TOMATO RECIPES TO LAST YOU ALL SUMMER
GRILLED CHERRY TOMATOES WITH GARLIC RECIPE - FOOD.COM
GRILLED CHERRY TOMATOES - TOMATO RECIPES - GOOD HOUSEKEEPING
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love