THE BEST FRESH TOMATO SALSA
- Stir the tomatoes, green bell pepper, onion, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeno pepper, cumin, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 5 calories, Carbohydrate 1.1 g, Fiber 0.3 g, Protein 0.2 g, Sodium 25.1 mg, Sugar 0.6 g
FRESH HOMEMADE SALSA
Another salsa recipe called for a fresh jalapeno (I think), but I had green chiles in a can on hand. This salsa tastes great, so I'm sticking with it!
Provided by Stephanie Roynestad Fuller
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Combine tomatoes, red onion, yellow onion, green chilies, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, cumin, and salt in a food processor. Pulse processor until mixture is combined, yet remains chunky. Transfer to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 10.6 calories, Carbohydrate 2.4 g, Fat 0.1 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 0.4 g, Sodium 67.5 mg, Sugar 1.2 g
SPICY CHUNKY SALSA
Vinegar adds a refreshing tang to this sweet tomato salsa. It's wonderful as is, but for more heat, leave in some hot pepper seeds. -Donna Goutermont, Sequim, Washington
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 8 pints.
Number Of Ingredients 16
- In a Dutch oven, bring 2 quarts water to a boil. Using a slotted spoon, place tomatoes, a few at a time, in boiling water for 30-60 seconds. Remove each tomato and immediately plunge into ice water. Drain and pat dry. Peel and finely chop tomatoes to measure 9 cups; place in a stockpot., Stir in remaining ingredients. Add water to cover; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until slightly thickened, about 30 minutes., Ladle hot mixture into hot 1-pint jars, leaving 1/2-in. headspace. Remove air bubbles and adjust headspace, if necessary, by adding hot mixture. Wipe rims. Center lids on jars; screw on bands until fingertip tight., Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 15 minutes. Remove jars and cool.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 25 calories, Fat 0 fat (0 saturated fat), Cholesterol 0 cholesterol, Sodium 117mg sodium, Carbohydrate 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
People also searched
More about "homemade fresh salsa food"
FOOD PROCESSOR SALSA | FRESH HOMEMADE - KITCHEN OF …
5-MINUTE FRESH HOMEMADE SALSA
OUR 10 BEST HOMEMADE SALSA RECIPES | TASTE OF HOME
FRESH HOMEMADE SALSA - SHE LIKES FOOD
FRESH SALSA RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (8)Total Time 35 minsCategory SaucesCalories 71 per serving
- Using a blender or food processor, add equal amounts of each vegetable and using pulse, process just until it is still chunky.
- Mix drained salsa, adding sugar, cilantro and salt. Add some of drained liquid to make it desired thickness.
FRESH HOMEMADE SALSA RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Servings 2Total Time 10 minsCategory Tex MexCalories 84 per serving
HOMEMADE FRESH SALSA RECIPE - FOOD.COM
4.5/5 (2)Category SaucesAuthor Swiss ChocolateCalories 32 per serving
FRESH HOMEMADE SALSA RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Servings 20-24Total Time 1 hrCategory Lunch/SnacksCalories 34 per serving
R/FOOD - [HOMEMADE] PULLED PORK TACOS COOKED IN MEXICAN CHILLIES ...
STEPHS SUMMER SALSA FOOD - HOMEANDRECIPE.COM
NORTHWEST CHERRY SALSA FOOD - HOMEANDRECIPE.COM
ROASTED SERRANO SALSA FOOD - HOMEANDRECIPE.COM
SALSA RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
HOMEMADE SALSA RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
FRESH HOMEMADE SALSA FOR CANNING RECIPE - FOOD.COM
EASY HOMEMADE FRESH SALSA - KITCHEN STEWARDSHIP
EASY HOMEMADE SALSA RECIPE – READY TO EAT IN MINUTES
#lactose #15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #sauces #appetizers #condiments-etc #vegetables #mexican #summer #vegan #vegetarian #dips #salsas #food-processor-blender #dietary #spicy #seasonal #egg-free #free-of-something #onions #tomatoes #taste-mood #equipment #small-appliance
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make salsa at home?This salsa tastes great, so I'm sticking with it! Combine tomatoes, red onion, yellow onion, green chilies, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, cumin, and salt in a food processor. Pulse processor until mixture is combined, yet remains chunky. Transfer to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
What are the best secret ingredients for salsa?The best secret ingredients for salsa you’ll ever find – and if you don’t have one, just use another! Dice tomatoes and put into a medium bowl. (If you get tired of dicing, throw the last few into the food processor. No one will know.) In a food processor, pulse 10-12 times to chop the onion and green pepper plus any other peppers.
How do you make salsa with green chiles?Another salsa recipe called for a fresh jalapeno (I think), but I had green chiles in a can on hand. This salsa tastes great, so I'm sticking with it! Combine tomatoes, red onion, yellow onion, green chilies, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, cumin, and salt in a food processor.
What do you eat with salsa?Take a little pot of salsa in your lunchbox to enjoy with vegetable crudités, tortilla chips or pitta bread A star rating of 5 out of 5. A star rating of 4 out of 5. Try our delicious salsa verde recipe with tarragon, parsley, capers and wild garlic.