NEE NEE'S PRIZED COCONUT CAKE
This cake has been a standard in our family for over 40 years. My grandmother made it, taught my mother who taught me, who taught my daughters. This was my grandmother's signature cake and is a staple at all church functions and a must at any family gathering!
Provided by Sherrybeth
Yield 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine boiling water to butter and sugar. Cream well with mixer. Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Sift flour, baking powder and salt together, three times. Add these dry ingredients to the creamed mixture, alternating with the milk. Add vanilla. Fold in coconut and beaten egg whites, by hand. Pour into 3 nine-inch cake pans that have been well greased and floured. Bake for 20-25 minutes according to your oven.
- Combine egg whites, sugar, syrup, water, salt and cream of tartar. Place in double boiler over boiling water. Beat with a hand mixer until mixture stands with "peaks" (approximately 10 minutes). Remove from heat, add vanilla and continue beating until thick enough to spread. Use fresh or frozen grated coconut to sprinkle between each layer along with the icing and sprinkle generously on the top and sides. Keep any leftovers refrigerated.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 620.8, Fat 22.4, SaturatedFat 14.8, Cholesterol 106.5, Sodium 440, Carbohydrate 101.1, Fiber 1.7, Sugar 63.8, Protein 6.7
BISQUICK VELVET COCONUT CAKE
This came from the side of a Bisquick box, but I must admit it is about 30 yrs. old or better. My grandmother used to make this cake often because it was fast and my grandfather loved coconut. It is really "velvety" in texture and you'll love this too! This recipe is still seen on boxes of Bisquick called Velvet Crumb Cake ... after all these years, it must be good to others beside me!
Provided by Gingerbee
Yield 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Grease and flour a 8"x8"x2" square cake pan or 9" x 1-1/2" round pan.
- Beat all ingredients (except topping) on low speed, scraping bowl constantly 30 seconds.
- Beat on medium speed, 4 minutes.
- Pour into pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until wooden pick in center comes out clean.
- Cool slightly and spread topping.
- FOR TOPPING: In a small bowl, mix all ingredients together by hand and set aside until cake is cooked and cooled slightly.
- Set oven control to broil.
- Broil about 3 inches from the heat until topping is golden brown about 3 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 315.9, Fat 16, SaturatedFat 6.7, Cholesterol 41, Sodium 380, Carbohydrate 39.9, Fiber 1.1, Sugar 26.2, Protein 4.2
NEE'S HOT BUTTERED RUM CAKE
My grandmother always had requests for this recipe and being the "teetotaler" that she was, refused to use rum. We always got a huge kick out of that. She substituted rum flavoring in this recipe. I decided to post the original recipe with rum. Substitute if you like....it's just as good. It does take a while to make and MAKE SURE TO READ THE FULL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE STARTING....I really messed up the first time I made it, believe me.
Provided by Sherrybeth
Yield 1 10 inch cake
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Cream butter until light and fluffy. Gradually add sugar and beat on medium speed for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and whisk until blended.
- Add the dry mixture to the butter, alternating with the cup of buttermilk until well blended.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Using a 10-inch tube pan or a 12-cup Bundt pan (greased and floured to prevent sticking), pour batter into pan and bake at 325° for one hour.
- Cool for 15 minutes on a wire rack, then transfer to cake plate and cool completely.
- THIS IS THE TRICKY PART---once cake has cooled completely, return it to the baking pan and prick holes at 1-inch intervals with a wooden pick or skewer.
- Pour 2/3 of the sauce mixture over the cake allowing it to soak into the holes.
- After this has set for about 15 minutes, remove the cake from the pan again and place it on your cake plate and pour the remaining butter sauce over the cake.
- FOR SAUCE: Combine sugar, butter and water in a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves; stirring constantly.
- Once this thickens, remove from the heat and add the rum.
- Stir well.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 7168.1, Fat 301.3, SaturatedFat 183.1, Cholesterol 1485.9, Sodium 6308.5, Carbohydrate 1025.4, Fiber 11, Sugar 713.4, Protein 78.1
NEE'S WHIPPING CREAM POUND CAKE
This is a great recipe from my grandmother. She even taught both of my brothers how to make this because it is a family favorite. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Provided by Sherrybeth
Yield 16 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Using a heavy mixer, beat the butter until light and creamy (about 2 minutes).
- Gradually add the sugar and beat well on medium speed for 6 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time.
- Add the flour and whipping cream, alternating, but beginning and ending with flour and blending on low until mixture is well blended.
- Add the flavorings.
- Pour batter into a tube pan which has been greased and floured to prevent sticking.
- Bake at 300° for 1 1/2 hours (depending on your oven, it might take longer--insert a wooden toothpick in the center and if it comes out clean, the cake is done).
- Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes before turning out on to cake plate.
- This can also be baked in 2 loaf pans for 1 hour or so (use the toothpick method to test for doneness).
Nutrition Facts : Calories 520, Fat 29.3, SaturatedFat 17.7, Cholesterol 167.6, Sodium 242.8, Carbohydrate 58.9, Fiber 0.7, Sugar 37.6, Protein 6.4
People also searched
More about "nee nees prized coconut cake food"
COCONUT CAKE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
NEE'S WHIPPING CREAM POUND CAKE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
NEE'S WHITE FRUITCAKE RECIPE - FOOD.COM | RECIPE | FRUIT CAKE, …
PIONEER WOMAN COCONUT CAKE RECIPES ALL YOU NEED IS FOOD …
NEE'S WHIPPING CREAM POUND CAKE RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
NEES WHIPPING CREAM POUND CAKE FOOD - HOMEANDRECIPE.COM
NEE'S WHITE FRUITCAKE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
COCONUT CAKE W/ 'PRIZED MUTANT COCONUTS' (BIBINGKA W/ …
NEE NEE'S PRIZED COCONUT CAKE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
NUTRITIONAL FACTS: - FOOD.COM
WORLD BEST COCONUT COOKING RECIPES: NEE NEE'S PRIZED COCONUT …
You'll also love