BLACKENED OPELOUSAS TOPPING FOR FISH
One of the best entrees on the menu at Pappadeaux's is "Blackened Opelousas". They use catfish now, but I would recommend red snapper or amberjack. Anyway this is similar and maybe better than their sauce.
Provided by Wing-Man
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a medium skillet over medium heat melt butter still it starts to brown.
- Add cream and stir and heat till bubbling.
- Add remaining ingredients stirring in between.
- Reduce heat to simmer uncovered for 30 minutes stirring occasionally.
- This sauce is great over blackened fish with a side of dirty rice.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 270.1, Fat 21.9, SaturatedFat 13.1, Cholesterol 140.9, Sodium 356.4, Carbohydrate 3.1, Fiber 0.1, Sugar 0.1, Protein 15.3
PONTCHARTRAIN SAUCE (PAPPADEAUX'S)
A close resemblance to of one of my favorites given that I have moved out of the restaurant's market many years ago.
Provided by mshonibea
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 16
- To make shrimp stock, combine reserved shrimp shells, chopped vegetables and water in a large stockpot; simmer over medium heat for about 30 minutes until liquid is reduced to 3 cups; strain and set aside.
- Sauté shrimp in 1 tablespoons butter until turning pink and set aside.
- Make roux by melting 4 tablespoons butter in saucepan until about to turn brown; whisk in 4 tablespoons flour until mixture thickens to a paste; cook until it turns a light, golden brown. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt 1 tablespoons butter and add garlic and remaining onion; sauté over medium heat 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp stock and crushed bouillon cube; stir and let simmer.
- While the stock is simmering, melt 1 ¼ stick of butter in a separate saucepan until it turns golden brown then set aside.
- Add roux to stock mixture and stir until fully incorporated; simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Whisk melted butter into stock until fully incorporated then whisk in ¼ cup Madeira wine until fully incorporated; mix in Cajun seasoning and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Add 6 oz. back fin crab meat and cooked shrimp into sauce; simmer for 3-5 minutes and then ready to serve.
GRILLED SPANISH-STYLE SNAPPER
- Preheat grill pan to med-hi heat.
- Drizzle fish with olive oil.
- Combine spices in a small bowl.
- Rub fish with spice mixture.
- Cook fish 5 minutes skin side down first.
- Turn fish and cook 5-6 minutes longer.
- Combine salsa ingredients in a small bowl and allow it to marinate until ready to serve.
- Serve with sangria.
- Top fish with salsa.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 385.9, Fat 12.3, SaturatedFat 2, Cholesterol 106.4, Sodium 843.6, Carbohydrate 5.7, Fiber 1.8, Sugar 2.2, Protein 60.7
More about "pappadeauxs grilled snapper orleans recipe 4 food"
PAPPADEAUX GRILLED SNAPPER - COPYKAT RECIPES
5/5 (2)Total Time 20 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 917 per serving
- To make the butter sauce, allow unsalted butter to soften to room temperature. Combine all other ingredients with butter and blend till smooth. Refrigerate until needed. To make the spice mix, combine all spice ingredients and mix well. Place in a spice shaker.
- Preheat grill to 350-375 degrees. Melt 1/2 cup of unsalted butter and brush the belly side of each fillet evenly. Sprinkle spices on fish. Place fish on grill belly side down and repeat this step for the opposite side of fish. Grill each side approximately 3 to 4 minutes.
- While fish is cooking, melt half of the refrigerated butter sauce from the first step in a saute pan. Add crawfish and crabmeat to saute pan and stir occasionally until hot. Set aside. When the fish is ready, reheat the butter sauce and add additional butter sauce from the first step to make the sauce creamy. Serve sauce immediately over the fillets.
PAPPADEAUX SNAPPER PONCHARTRAIN RECIPE - FOOD.COM
GRILLED SNAPPER WITH ORANGE-TARRAGON BUTTER RECIPE - FOOD.COM
GRILLED RED SNAPPER STUFFED WITH FLORIDA GRAPEFRUIT - FOOD …
PAPPADEAUX'S GUMBO RECIPE : TOP PICKED FROM OUR EXPERTS
ISLAND GRILLED RED SNAPPER RECIPE - FOOD.COM
PAPPADEAUX SEAFOOD KITCHEN - HOME
GRILLED RED SNAPPER RECIPE | KITCHN
GRILLED SNAPPER ORLEANS RECIPE - COOKING INDEX
PAPPADEAUX SEAFOOD KITCHEN - MENU
RECIPE: PAPPADEAUX SNAPPER PONTCHARTRAIN - EASY RECIPES
RECIPE: PAPPADEAUX'S GRILLED SNAPPER ORLEANS - RECIPELINK.COM
PAPPADEAUX'S GRILLED SNAPPER ORLEANS RECIPE - COOKING INDEX
You'll also love