PEARS A LA CREME
This was my brother's and my favorite dessert growing up. My Mom commonly served this dessert after Sunday family dinner. Pair with Gallo® Family Vineyards Moscato.-Taste of Home Cooking School
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 4 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar, cinnamon and ginger; cook and stir until bubbly. Gently stir in pears; heat through. Spoon one pear half over each scoop of ice cream.
Nutrition Facts :
POACHED PEARS WITH CREME ANGLAISE
Beautiful desert for romance or holidays. Prepare the creme anglaise at least 2 hours or up to 2 days in advance. Prep time includes minimum chill time.
Provided by Karen From Colorado
Yield 8-10 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- To make the creme anglaise, rinse the inside of a non aluminum saucepan with water and shake out the excess.
- Pour in the milk and place over medium-low heat until bubbles form around the edges of the pan, about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the whole eggs, egg yolk, and sugar; whisk just until blended.
- Gradually whisk in half of the hot milk, then pour the egg mixture back into the pan.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring constantly, until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, leaving a clear trail when your finger is drawn through it, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Cover with plastic wrap, pressing it directly on the surface to prevent a skin from forming, and let cool.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or for up to 2 days.
- Julienne the zest from the lemon and set aside (reserve the lemon for the juice).
- With an apple corer or a small, sharp knife, carefully core each pear from the bottom.
- Trim the bottoms so they stand upright.
- Leaving the stems intact, peel the pears.
- In a large non aluminum stockpot, combine the pomegranate juice, brown sugar, lemon zest, juice from the reserved lemon and cinnamon stick.
- Bring to boil over high heat, then reduce heat to simmer.
- Place pears on their sides in the liquid and cook, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, seed the pomegranates by cutting them in half (careful, the juice can stain).
- Fill a large bowl with cool water.
- Holding the cut fruit under the water, peel back the skin and membrane to release the seeds, allowing them to sink to the bottom of the bowl.
- Discard peels and membrane; drain and reserve the seeds.
- Carefully turn the pears over and cook until a small knife can be inserted easily into the bottom of the pear, 10 or 15 minutes longer.
- Once the pears are done, remove them from the cooking liquid and stand upright on individual serving plates.
- Remove and discard the cinnamon stick.
- Pour about 2 cups of the poaching liquid into a small saucepan; simmer over medium-low heat until reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
- Mix orange liqueur and cornstarch together in a small bowl.
- Gradually whisk the orange liqueur mixture into the reduced poaching liquid; reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring until the sauce thickens to a glaze, about 10 minutes.
- Pour a little of the glaze over each pear, then spread some of the creme anglaise around the bottoms of each one.
- Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds and garnish with a mint sprig.
- Serve the remaining glaze alongside.
People also searched
More about "pears a la creme food"
PEARS A LA CREME RECIPE - (4/5) - KEYINGREDIENT
COEUR A LA CREME RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK
Author Laura CalderSteps 4Difficulty Easy
GINGERBREAD PEARS RECIPE BY RUKMINI IYER | CHRISTMAS FOOD AND …
PEARS A LA CREME RECIPE | RECIPE | RECIPES, CANNED PEARS, PORK …
BEST PEAR HAZELNUT CREME BRULEE RECIPES | FOOD NETWORK CANADA
BEST PEAR CREME CARAMEL RECIPES - FOOD NETWORK CANADA
PEARS A LA CREME RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT - EASY RECIPES
ALMOND CAKE WITH PEARS AND CRèME ANGLAISE - FOOD & WINE
PEARS A LA CREME - RECIPE - COOKS.COM
PEARS A LA CREME - RECIPE - COOKS.COM
PEAR A LA CREPES RECIPE - FOOD.COM
PEARS A LA CREME RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
PEARS A LA CREME RECIPE BY MICROWAVE.LADY | IFOOD.TV
PEARS A LA CREME RECIPE BY MICROWAVERINA | IFOOD.TV
9 SURPRISING HEALTH BENEFITS OF PEARS - HEALTHIFYME
GLAZED ROASTED PEARS WITH SHORTBREAD PECAN BRITTLE AND CRèME …
PEAR CONFIT WITH CARDAMOM CRèME FRAîCHE - FOOD52
PEAR AND HAZELNUT CAKES WITH CREME FRAICHE RECIPE | GOOD FOOD
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How do you cook pears for ice cream?In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in brown sugar, cinnamon and ginger; cook and stir until bubbly. Gently stir in pears; heat through. Spoon one pear half over each scoop of ice cream.
What do you put on a pear Ice Cream Sandwich?Stir in brown sugar, cinnamon and ginger; cook and stir until bubbly. Gently stir in pears; heat through. Spoon one pear half over each scoop of ice cream.
What are the benefits of Eating pears?Yes, pears are perfect for your skin because they contain Vitamin C and Vitamin A. These vitamins brighten your skin. They also help reverse skin damage and promote collagen synthesis. Q. Can we eat pear on an empty stomach?