ROASTED ORANGES WITH THYME
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place orange wedges onto the prepared baking sheet. Mix honey, olive oil, thyme, and Sriracha sauce together in a small bowl. Brush enough mixture onto orange wedges to coat. Set remaining mixture aside for basting.
- Roast oranges in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes, basting once halfway through.
- Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle wedges lightly with coarse sea salt. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 159.1 calories, Carbohydrate 33.5 g, Fat 3.8 g, Fiber 5.2 g, Protein 2.1 g, SaturatedFat 0.6 g, Sodium 97 mg, Sugar 26 g
ROASTED CHICKEN WITH ORANGE GLAZE
- For the orange citrus glaze: Whisk together the orange juice, orange zest, honey, oregano, sherry vinegar, 2 large pinches of salt and a pinch of pepper. Slowly incorporate the canola oil to create an emulsion. Yield: about 1 cup
- For the chicken: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and set a rack over the sheet.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel. Coat the chicken with the canola oil and generously sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place on the rack set over the baking sheet and roast in the oven until cooked through and the internal temperature is 165 degrees F, 40 to 50 minutes depending on the size of the chicken. In the last 10 minutes of cooking, brush the chicken with 2/3 cup of the orange citrus glaze in 5 minutes intervals. Let rest 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Reserve the remaining glaze for Roasted Asparagus with Orange Glaze.
- For the asparagus: Whisk together the orange juice, orange zest, honey, oregano, sherry vinegar, 2 large pinches of salt and a pinch of pepper. Slowly incorporate the canola oil to create an emulsion. Yield: about 1 cup
- For the asparagus: Place a rimmed baking sheet in the oven and preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss the asparagus with the olive oil in a large bowl and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add the asparagus to the hot baking sheet and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the asparagus to a serving platter. Drizzle with 1/3 cup of the orange citrus glaze and sprinkle with some orange zest.
ROASTED CHICKEN A'LA ORANGE
I had this while on vacation in Key Largo, FL and had to have the recipe. It is a moist and flavorful chicken with a fabulous sauce that is good on just about everything. It is a real crowd pleaser and an instant hit at every table. Add roasted potatoes, some steamed veggies, salad and bread and you will have a wonderful dinner! The recipe calls for 1/4 cup butter, however, I use less and it always comes out perfect.
Provided by NcMysteryShopper
Categories Whole Chicken
Yield 1 Whole Chicken
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Clean chicken and pat dry.
- Sprinkle Salt and Pepper into the chicken cavity.
- Thinly slice garlic lengthwise into long ovals.
- Pierce skin of chicken with knife in 5-7 places and insert half of the garlic slices under the skin.
- Stuff (in small batches to make even throughout cavity) parsley, onion, remaining garlic, orange slices and butter.
- To close opening, make two slices in the chicken skin, one on either side of opening, and place the leg bone from the opposite side into the sliced skin on both sides.
- Roast at 350°F for 80 minutes, or when meat thermometer reaches 180 degrees, or when juices run clear.
- Pour pan juices into a sauce pan and add 3/4 cups orange juice (and optional wine) and whisk until sauce thickens (you can add the remaining 1/4 cup if you need to reheat the sauce).
- Pour sauce over the chicken slices when served.
The idea for the oranges was originally found on Just A Pinch, in a recipe by Kim Biegacki for Blackened Shrimp Salad with Roasted Oranges. It was a wonderful salad, but what made the dish was the roasted oranges. My... what a wonderful aroma while they are broiling! It totally made the dish. I'm posting just the roasted oranges because they are awesome and there could be so many uses for them... I think they would be fantastic over homemade vanilla bean ice-cream. Serving size is a guess - I could eat a whole orange-worth by myself!
Provided by Jostlori
Yield 1 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 4
- Line a small baking tray with foil, then spray with a bit of oil.
- Peel orange by removing the skin and the white membrane, then cut into 1/4 inch thick slices. Lay flat on the foil lined tray.
- Drizzle with a good vanilla extract, then sprinkle generously with cinnamon. Finally, drizzle honey generously over each slice.
- Place oranges in oven or toaster oven, set to "broil".
- Broil until they are nice and brown on top. In my toaster oven, this takes about 15 minutes, but probably less in a regular oven.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 68.6, Fat 0.2, Sodium 1.4, Carbohydrate 17.6, Fiber 3.1, Sugar 11.9, Protein 1.3
ORANGE ROAST CHICKEN
Orange and herbes de Provence give this dish a Mediterranean flavour. Taken from Food and Drink (LCBO) Holiday 2007
Provided by Tabby Bartley
Categories Whole Chicken
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Pre-heat the oven to 425' F.
- Wash and pat the chicken dry, remove and excess fat. Season the chicken cavity with salt and pepper.
- Squeeze the juice from 1 orange, then set the juice aside. Put the squeezed orange halves and garlic inside the chicken. Skewer the cavity closed and truss the bird.
- Brush the chicken all over with the melted butter and then season with salt and pepperand sprinkle with herbes de provence. Cut the remaining 2 oranges into quaters.
- Coat the bottom of a roasting pan with the oil, then place the chicken in the pan, with the orange quaters.
- Roast chicken for 20 min then reduce oven temperature to 350' F. Continue to roast the chicken, basting with the pan juice for another hour or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into thickest part of thigh reads 165'F.
- Transfer chicken and oranges to serving platter, placing chicken breast-side down. Let rest loosely covered with aluminium foil for 10 to 15 minute.
- Tip the roasting pan and spoon out any excess fat. Place the pan over medium heat, add chicken stock and deglaze the pan by scraping up the browned bits with wooden spoon. Add the orange juice and bring to boil, then boil until the liquid is reduced to about 2/3 cup then season with salt and pepper.
- Remove the trussing string from chicken, turn chicken breast side up and carve. Add any juices from the chicken to the sauce. Serve the chicken with the sauce and orange wedges.
- (for thicker sauce add flour).
ORANGE ROASTED SALMON
I like to make this for company since you can get it ready ahead of time up until the final baking step. It looks both pretty and impressive, and the orange flavor is more subtle than you'd expect. This recipe originally came from Spice Islands, but I adapted it since I didn't have the spice blend they called for. This is a healthy and elegant meal (not to mention delicious) when served with a leafy salad, brown rice, and asparagus.
Provided by Vino Girl
Yield 5 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Mix the lemon pepper, garlic, and parsley in a small dish.
- Place the slices of ONE orange in a single layer in a 13 x 9 inch glass baking dish.
- Place onion slices on top.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle 1/2 of the herb mixture over all.
- Roast the orange and onion mixture in the oven for about 25 minutes, or until the onions look browned and tender.
- Remove dish from oven.
- Increase the oven temperature to 450F.
- Push the onion and orange slices to the sides of the dish.
- Place the salmon in the center of the dish and sprinkle with the remaining herb mixture.
- Spoon orange and onion slices back on top of the salmon.
- Whisk the orange juice, lemon juice, and honey together in a small bowl.
- Pour over the salmon.
- Roast for about 12-15 minutes, or until the salmon is opaque in the center.
- Discard the cooked oranges.
- Serve the salmon with roasted onions on the side, and garnished with the remaining (uncooked) orange slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 293.5, Fat 10, SaturatedFat 1.5, Cholesterol 87.5, Sodium 115.4, Carbohydrate 15.6, Fiber 1.8, Sugar 11.7, Protein 34.7
People also searched
More about "roasted oranges food"
ROASTED ORANGE SLICES - THE WASHINGTON POST
Servings 8Calories 50 per serving
HOW TO ROAST CITRUS | EPICURIOUS
FRENCH YOGURT CAKE RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
ROASTED ORANGES — KOSHER RECIPES — RONNIE FEIN
ROASTED ORANGE-PAPRIKA CARROTS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
ROASTED ORANGES RECIPE - SIMPLE CHINESE FOOD
ROASTED ORANGES – ABOUTTIME
ROASTED ORANGE TART | SAVEUR
ROASTED ORANGE CHICKEN RECIPE - NYT COOKING
10 REFRESHING ORANGE SMOOTHIE RECIPES - INSANELY GOOD
HERE'S WHY YOU SHOULD ROAST YOUR ORANGES | MYRECIPES
ROASTED CHICKEN WITH ORANGES - THESUPERHEALTHYFOOD
HOW TO ROAST CITRUS AND WHY YOU SHOULD | MARTHA STEWART
26 BEST ORANGE RECIPES - EASY IDEAS FOR WHAT TO MAKE …
GET ITALIAN RECIPES FROM THE MICROSOFT STORE
ORANGE RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
DIABETIC CAKE RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
ROASTED ORANGES IN SPICED SYRUP | HOW TO ROAST EVERYTHING
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #for-1-or-2 #low-protein #healthy #5-ingredients-or-less #snacks #fruit #easy #low-fat #dietary #low-sodium #low-cholesterol #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #low-carb #healthy-2 #low-in-something #citrus #oranges #number-of-servings
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook oranges in the oven?DIRECTIONS Line a small baking tray with foil, then spray with a bit of oil. Peel orange by removing the skin and the white membrane, then cut into 1/4 inch thick slices. Drizzle with a good vanilla extract, then sprinkle generously with cinnamon. Place oranges in oven or toaster oven, set to "broil". Broil until they are nice and brown on top.
What is the best recipe for orange Citrus glaze?Directions For the orange citrus glaze: Whisk together the orange juice, orange zest, honey, oregano, sherry vinegar, 2 large pinches of salt and a pinch of pepper. For the chicken: Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and set a rack over the sheet. Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel.
How do you cook a chicken breast with oranges?Squeeze the juice from 1 orange, then set the juice aside. Put the squeezed orange halves and garlic inside the chicken. Skewer the cavity closed and truss the bird. Brush the chicken all over with the melted butter and then season with salt and pepperand sprinkle with herbes de provence. Cut the remaining 2 oranges into quaters.
What is the best way to make an orange cake?Line a small baking tray with foil, then spray with a bit of oil. Peel orange by removing the skin and the white membrane, then cut into 1/4 inch thick slices. Lay flat on the foil lined tray. Drizzle with a good vanilla extract, then sprinkle generously with cinnamon. Finally, drizzle honey generously over each slice.