APPLE CRANBERRY BREAD
Cranberries lend a burst of tart flavor and bright color to this quick bread sent in by Phyllis Schmalz of Kansas City, Kansas. Dotted with crunchy nuts, slices of the moist loaf are good for breakfast with a cup of coffee or as a snack anytime of the day.
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 loaf (16 slices).
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt;. In a small bowl, whisk eggs and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened (batter will be very thick). Fold in apples, cranberries and walnuts. , Transfer to an 8x4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 140 calories, Fat 5g fat (1g saturated fat), Cholesterol 27mg cholesterol, Sodium 143mg sodium, Carbohydrate 22g carbohydrate, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 3g protein.
SKINNY CRANBERRY-NUT BREAD
50% less fat • 23% fewer calories than the original recipe. Here's a sweet bread that won't bog you down.
Provided by By Betty Crocker Kitchens
Categories Side Dish
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Heat oven to 350°F. Grease bottoms only of 2 (8x4-inch) loaf pans with shortening or cooking spray. In large bowl, mix flours, sugar, baking powder, salt, ginger and baking soda until well blended.
- In medium bowl, stir milk, maple syrup, oil, vanilla and eggs until well blended. Stir into flour mixture until well mixed. Stir in cranberries and pecans. Spoon batter evenly into pans.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Loosen sides of loaves from pans; remove from pans to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Wrap tightly and store in refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 130, Carbohydrate 21 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Fat 1/2, Fiber 1 g, Protein 2 g, SaturatedFat 0 g, ServingSize 1 Slice, Sodium 125 mg, Sugar 12 g, TransFat 0 g
LOW FAT APPLE BREAD
I made Secret's Apple Bread, but I made so many changes that I decided to post it as a separate recipe! This bread is very moist and does not suffer from having the fat removed. It is a chunky homey sort of bread that is high in fiber too! Also makes fantastic muffins or mini-muffins.
Provided by dale7793
Categories Quick Breads
Yield 15 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Mix the flours, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and baking powder together in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl beat the egg and whites, sugar, applesauce and vanilla.
- Stir in the dry ingredients, followed by the apples.
- Stir until just combined.
- I baked this in a slightly larger than normal, lightly greased, loaf pan and had enough mix left over for 8 mini-muffins.
- This mix makes great muffins as well as the apple bread.
- Cook muffins for about 20-30 minutes or until done in a 350 degree oven.
- Bake the loaf for 1 hour in a 350 degree oven.
LOW FAT APPLE BREAD
- Set oven to 325 degrees F.
- Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- Grease two 9 x 5-in loaf pans or use mini loaf pans.
- Grate the apples; set aside, cover with plastic wrap to prevent browning.
- In a large bowl, combine the applesauce, eggs, sugar and vanilla.
- Sift togethe the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- By hand mixing with a wooden spoon mix the dry ingredients to the applesauce mixture.
- Add in the shredded apples and the nuts (if using).
- Transfer mixture to the prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 75 mins or until loaf breads test done.
- Sprinkle with sugar if desired before slicing loafs.
- If desired you may replace the applesauce with 1 cup of vegetable or canola oil, but will increase the fat!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1772.2, Fat 9.7, SaturatedFat 2.8, Cholesterol 279, Sodium 1942.3, Carbohydrate 397.4, Fiber 12.5, Sugar 220.3, Protein 29.6
DIABETIC CRANBERRY NUT BREAD
Here's a low sugar cranberry nut bread with raisins and walnuts for those who want to indulge safely. Enjoy! Nutrition facts: 142 calories, 24g carbs, 3g protein, 4g fat, 55mg sodium, 120mg potassium, 18mg cholesterol Exchanges: 1 bread, 1/2 fruit, 1 fat
Provided by BB2011
Yield 1 loaf pan, 15 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Combine the flours, sugar, baking powder, and orange rind in a mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and stir to blend well.
- Pour into a greased 9x5 inch load pan. Bake at 350F for 45 to 50 minutes. Cool for 6 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Cool thoroughly on a wire rack. Store in a plastic bag or aluminum foil for at least one day before slicing.
CRANBERRY ORANGE TEA BREAD (SUGAR-FREE)
This recipe came from Marlene Koch's Splenda Recipes book that I have. It is sugar-free, low fat and low calorie. I added the cream cheese and vanilla to the glaze. I also added nuts to the original batter recipe.
Provided by PollyL
Categories Quick Breads
Yield 1 loaf, 12 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 9x5 inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, stir together orange juice, milk, oil, eggs, zest and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, Splenda, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nuts and cranberries. Stir; make a well and add the liquid mixture, stirring just until blended.
- Spoon into prepared pan and smooth.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out dry.
- While bread is baking prepare Glaze: Combine orange juice and Splenda in a small saucepan. Place on medium heat and reduce by one half. Stir in cream cheese until melted. Brush glaze onto warm loaf immediately after removing from oven. Cool on rack for 15 minutes; then remove from pan.
- *Gift loaf variation: Makes 2-3 small loaves - fill mini loaf pans 2/3 full and bake for 30-35 minutes.
More about "sugar free low fat apple cranberry bread food"
CRANBERRY APPLESAUCE (SUGAR FREE + EASY) - INSTANT POT …
PETITE CRANBERRY APPLE BREADS: [LOW SUGAR & DIABETIC …
HEALTHY APPLE BREAD - IFOODREAL.COM
LOW FAT CRANBERRY NUT BREAD RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Servings 8-10Total Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory Quick BreadsCalories 221 per serving
THE RECIPE FOR HOW TO MAKE SUGAR FREE CRANBERRY BREAD …
4.1/5 (55)Total Time 1 hr 10 minsEstimated Reading Time 6 mins
- Add the orange juice (or alternative), butter and egg to the mixing bowl and continue to mix if using zest or peel, add it in this step.
SUGAR FREE, LOW FAT APPLE CRANBERRY BREAD - PINTEREST.COM
LOW FAT/LOW SUGAR ORANGE CRANBERRY BREAD - TASTY KITCHEN
PETITE CRANBERRY APPLE BREADS: [LOW SUGAR & DIABETIC FRIENDLY]
LOW-SUGAR CRANBERRY ORANGE BREAD RECIPE | QUAKER OATS
LOWFAT CRANBERRY PUMPKIN BREAD - MOM LOVES BAKING
10 BEST SUGAR FREE APPLE BREAD RECIPES | YUMMLY
LOW FAT CRANBERRY PUMPKIN BREAD RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
HEALTHY CRANBERRY BREAD | AMY'S HEALTHY BAKING
APPLE-CRANBERRY BUNDT CAKE (EGG-FREE, FAT-FREE) - FOOD.COM
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make sugar free cranberry bread?How to make (low) Sugar Free Cranberry Bread Preheat your oven to 350 and prep your loaf pan for nonstick. In a mixing bowl, mix together your flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add your orange juice (or alternative), butter and egg to the mixing bowl and continue to mix. If you are using zest or peel, add it in this step and mix.
How long to bake an apple and cranberry bread?Directions. In a small bowl, whisk eggs and oil. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened (batter will be very thick). Fold in apples, cranberries and walnuts. Transfer to an 8x4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
How to make a cranberry oatmeal cake?In large bowl, combine flour, oats, sweetener or sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt; mix well. In medium bowl, combine milk, egg substitute, orange juice, oil and orange peel; blend well. Add to dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not overmix.) Stir in cranberries and nuts. Pour batter into pan.
Is cranberry applesauce healthy?This Cranberry Applesauce recipe features fresh cranberries, naturally sweet apples, cinnamon, a little citrus and is completely healthy, low-fat and sugar-free. It’s a perfect balance of sweet & tart, with a gorgeous jewel berry hue, and I know you’re going to love it!