By: Sew Some Stuff
- 1 yard exterior fabric
- 1 yard lining fabric
- 1 yard soft fusible interfacing
- Sewing Supplies
- (AD) Pattern << CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO TUTORIAL AND FREE PATTERN DOWNLOAD
Instruction excert from pattern:
- First off, I’m gonna lay the lining fabric flat on table.
- Next, I’m gonna trace out the pattern on it. I’ll be making two wallets for two of my nieces so I’ll be tracing two patterns.
- My pattern might look funny and that’s because I just printed the upper part because I want my wallets to be larger in size than the one in the pattern.
- I’m just gonna use the ruler to extend the pattern here.
- Okay that’s all done. Now I’m gonna cut out the fusible interfacing for both sides and exterior fabric based on this size and I’ll fuse my facings to each piece.
- Okay now I’m gonna pin the two pieces right sides together and I’m gonna sew on the line I drew on the lining fabric. Make sure you leave a small gap to turn the right sides out when sewing.
- Now I’m gonna chop off the excess pieces, clipping the circular edge and then I’ll turn the right side out.
- Next, I’ll top stitch all around and then I’ll fold into half and sew along the edge.
- Here my top stitch is done and now I’ll fold and sew along the edge and add the snaps.