ATAIF (ARAB FILLED PANCAKES)
- Dissolve yeast in sugar and 1/2 cup of water. let it froth for 10 minutes.
- Put the flour in a large bowl. Add the yeast mixture and remaining water gradually.
- Beat vigorously into a creamy lump-free batter.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and leave in a warm place for an hour.
- To make the syrup, bring the water to a boil with sugar and lemon juice. Simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the rose water and simmer for a few more seconds. Allow to cool.
- Heat an oiled skillet until it is very hot. Reduce the heat to medium.
- Pour a half ladle of batter into the skillet, allowing it to spread. fry only one side of the pancake. when little holes appear, lift them out and set them on a platter to be stuffed.
- Put a heaping tablespoon of stuffing in the middle of each pancake. fold in half and pinch the edges tightly to allow no filling to escape.
- Deep fry a few at a time in medium hot oil about 1 inch deep. Remove when they turn pale brown.
- Drain on paper towels. Dip, while hot, in the syrup. pour the remaining syrup over the top of all of them and serve either hot or cold.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 359.9, Fat 12.9, SaturatedFat 1.2, Sodium 3.1, Carbohydrate 60.1, Fiber 2, Sugar 46.7, Protein 4.6
ATAIF / ATAYIF BIL ISHTA -- ARAB PANCAKES FILLED WITH CREAM.
Ataif / Atayif are famous throughout the Arab world & are eaten most often during Ramadan. They are a little fiddly & time consuming to make but are certainly worth it! This recipe is an old one but very similar to the version Arabic Bites blog : http://arabicbites.blogspot.com/2007/06/ataif-bil-ashta.html - take a look at the step by step pictures :)
Provided by Um Safia
Yield 25-35 ataif approx
Number Of Ingredients 12
- To make the filling:.
- Mix corn flour gradually with milk and sugar then bring it to boil in a medium sized, heavy bottomed pan.
- Stir continually until the mixture thickens, add the remaining ingredients & remove from heat. Spoon mixture into a bowl & refrigerate until cold.
- To make the dough:.
- Mix all the ingredients and allow to sit for 30-40 minutes.
- Ladle approximately 2 tablespoons of the mixture at a time onto a lightly greased, hot frying pan / skillet & cook until full of bubbles - only cook ONE side.
- After cooking all of the pancakes, let them cool a little.
- To assemble, gently fold in half & pinch the bottom half edge together - so that you have an opening to place the cream but the rest is sealed.
- Using a piping bag, fill each pancake with the cooled cream (ishta), before dipping the open ends in the chopped pistachios.
More about "ataif atayif bil ishta arab pancakes filled with cream food"
ATAIF BIL ASHTA~CREAM STUFFED ARABIC PANCAKES
ATAIF ARAB FILLED PANCAKES RECIPES
Calories 359.9SaturatedFat 1.2Fat 12.9Sodium 3.1
THE ARAB IN ME. - PINTEREST.CA
COCOA MELTAWAYS.... RECIPE - FOOD.COM
THAI SHRIMP DUMPLINGS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
ATAIF BIL ASHTA~CREAM STUFFED ARABIC PANCAKES - COFFEE AND …
HOW TO MAKE ATAYIF OR MINI PANCAKES WITH CREAM #FYP #FORYOU …
ATAYIF (STUFFED PANCAKES) RECIPE - EASY RECIPES
ATAIF (ARAB FILLED PANCAKES) RECIPE - FOOD NEWS
ATAYEF WITH CREAM CHEESE FILLING (ISHTA FILLING) - FOOD DOLLS
QATAYEF ASAFIRI / ATAYEF BIL ASHTA (MIDDLE EASTERN CREAM …
ATAIF ATAYIF BIL ISHTA ARAB PANCAKES FILLED WITH CREAM …
You'll also love