BAKED SAFFRON RICE
- Rinse rice well; drain in colander. Place in a deep nonstick pot or rice cooker with water and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce to a simmer. Cook until all liquid is absorbed, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drizzle oil over top of rice; stir gently with a wooden spoon. Gently press rice into an even layer. Reduce heat to medium-low. Place a clean dish towel over top of pot; cover firmly, wrapping sides of towel around top of lid to prevent steam from escaping. Cook over medium-low heat for 50 to 60 minutes. Gently pull rice away from side of pan with a spatulaâ??there should be a nice golden crust.
- Remove from heat, remove lid, and drizzle saffron water over the rice. Cover immediately, and allow to cool 5 minutes.
- Remove lid; invert carefully onto a serving plate. Serve warm, cut in wedges.
- Heat 3 tablespoons butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add 1 finely chopped onion and cook, stirring, until softened, 4 minutes. Stir in 2 cups basmati rice, 2 teaspoons kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads. Add 1 1/2 cups each water and low-sodium chicken broth. Bring to a simmer, reduce the heat to low, cover and cook until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed, 15 minutes. Let sit, covered, 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork. Stir in 1/4 cup chopped cilantro and 2 sliced scallions.
BAKED SAFFRON RICE
- Heat the oven to 190c/gas 5.
- Add the saffron to the hot stock.
- Heat the butter in a flameproof casserole.
- Gently fry the onion for 5 minutes until softened and golden.
- Add the rice and cook for a further minute until coated with butter and turning slightly transparent.
- Add the stock and the orange zest and juice.
- Bring to the boil, then cover with a close fitting lid.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until liquid is absorbed and grains are tender.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 284.4, Fat 2.5, SaturatedFat 1.4, Cholesterol 5.1, Sodium 21.5, Carbohydrate 59.1, Fiber 2.4, Sugar 0.9, Protein 5.3
Everyone loves this, even my mother, who claimed to not like rice. I grow Saffron, so I garnish the rice with a Saffron Crocus flower when I serve it. I use this as a side dish with Shrimp Creole (I recommend Recipe #182045, along with a Spinach salad, and Recipe #182002). I adapted this from a 1973 Southern Living, Our Best Recipes, cookbook.
Provided by Sweetiebarbara
Categories White Rice
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Put 1/2 cup water in a 1 cup glass measuring cup and heat.
- Remove and add saffron, set aside.
- Put rice, onion and salt into a glass 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Put 1 cup water and the 1/2 stick of butter into a 2 cup glass measuring cup, and heat in microwave. (do not boil).
- Add dissolved saffron and water with melted butter to casserole. Stir.
- Place (uncovered) in a preheated 450°F oven.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring at the end of 10 minutes. Rice should be very dry.
- When rice is very dry, stir in remaining 1 1/2 cups of hot water.
- Cover, and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake another 5 minutes.
- Fluff with fork, garnish, and serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 376.2, Fat 12, SaturatedFat 7.4, Cholesterol 30.5, Sodium 399.3, Carbohydrate 60.6, Fiber 1.5, Sugar 1.2, Protein 5.3
Golden rice that is lightly spiced, a great accompaniment for grilled meats and tandoori chicken, as well as curries.
Provided by PalatablePastime
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Soak saffron in 1/2 cup boiling water for 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, saute onions in the ghee until tender; set aside.
- Rinse the basmati under cold water in a sieve, until water runs clear, allow to drain.
- Place the rice and the onions in a saucepan and add the 1/2 cup saffron water as well as 2 1/2 cups hot water, the cardamon pods, the cloves, and the salt and pepper; stir to mix.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat then reduce heat, cover, and cook over low heat until the rice is tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- If any liquid remains, drain it.
- Stir peas into mixture, if desired, as a garnish; serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 332.8, Fat 8.9, SaturatedFat 1.3, Sodium 587.9, Carbohydrate 57.3, Fiber 3.1, Sugar 2.2, Protein 6
BAKED SAFFRON RICE PUDDING
This creamy pudding is made even more mouthwatering when infused with a saffron flavor. It would be a perfect complement to end a traditional Indian meal.
Provided by 199949
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bring milk to a boil with saffron threads, cardamom and cinnamon, while stirring frequently to prevent scalding.
- As soon as it comes to a boil, add the rice, reduce heat to a simmer, and cook for 20-25 minutes or until the rice has softened.
- Remove from heat, and stir in the sugar, coconut and nuts.
- Beat in the egg, single cream and butter.
- Transfer to an ovenproof dish.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg if desired.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until set or lightly golden.
- Garnish with chopped nuts or dribbled with additional cream.
- Note: Coconut and nuts are optional and you may substitute one or either for golden raisins or any dried fruit, according to your taste.
Saffron a beautiful herb is used in many ethnic cooking best paired with rice. This rice is fluffy and fragrant best of all EASY!
Provided by Spice Is Nice
Categories Southwest Asia (middle East)
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- clean the rice, then strain.
- bring the 4 cups stock to a boil with cardamom,cloves and salt.
- add rice bring to another boil, lower the hear and cover. cook for 15-20Min's until rice has become fluffy.
- before the water has completely evaporated at the end processes of cooking the ricemix saffron with 3tablespoon hot water.
- drizzle saffron water on the rice
- turn the heat off leave covered for 15 mins so the moisture can redistribute and the rice will remain fluffy. place on serving tray it will be white rice with some yellow rice. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 286.1, Fat 3.7, SaturatedFat 0.9, Cholesterol 4.8, Sodium 1010.2, Carbohydrate 53.4, Fiber 2.2, Sugar 3, Protein 8.9
QUICK AND EASY SAFFRON RICE
A mild side dish that won't overpower the entree. Use the thread saffron, which gives a much better flavor.
Provided by JoAnn
Categories White Rice
Yield 3-4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Heat the oil in a heavy saucepan (that has a lid).
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until just soft.
- Add in the rice and cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the broth, saffron, and parsley.
- Cover and reduce the heat to low.
- Cook for 15-18 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff with a fork before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 313.9, Fat 7.8, SaturatedFat 1.2, Sodium 387.1, Carbohydrate 52.4, Fiber 1.9, Sugar 0.9, Protein 6.8
- Heat the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the onion; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low, and continue cooking and stirring until the onion is very tender and dark brown, 15 to 20 minutes more.
- Pour in rice and stir to coat. Stir in water, parsley flakes, saffron, and 3 drops of yellow food coloring (optional). Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until water is absorbed, about 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 259.3 calories, Carbohydrate 26.8 g, Cholesterol 40.7 mg, Fat 15.6 g, Fiber 0.5 g, Protein 2.8 g, SaturatedFat 9.8 g, Sodium 113 mg, Sugar 0.4 g
People also searched
More about "baked saffron rice food"
BAKED SAFFRON RICE | RICE RECIPES | JAMIE OLIVER RECIPES
Servings 4Total Time 26 minsCategory SidesCalories 506 per serving
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas 6. Peel and finely chop the red onions.Place a 25cm x 30cm roasting tray on a high heat on the hob, pour in 1 tablespoon of olive oil, add the onions and fry for 4 minutes, or until soft and sweet, stirring regularly.
- In a bowl, cover the remaining saffron with 1 tablespoon of boiling water, steep for 10 seconds, then mix with the yoghurt and put aside.Stir the tomato paste, rice and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper into the onion tray, then pour in the saffron water and bring to the boil.Once boiling, carefully transfer to the oven for 15 minutes, or until the rice has absorbed all the liquid, fluffed up beautifully and is golden and crisp on top.Spoon the saffron yoghurt over the rice, drizzle it all with 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil, fork and mix it all together, and dish up.
CRUNCHY BAKED SAFFRON RICE (TACHIN) RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
4.7/5 (59)Author Andy BaraghaniServings 4Estimated Reading Time 7 mins
SAFFRON RICE RECIPES : FOOD NETWORK | FOOD NETWORK
CRUNCHY BAKED SAFFRON RICE WITH BARBERRIES (TACHIN)
PERSIAN SAFFRON RICE (TACHIN) | RECIPETIN EATS
SAFFRON RICE RECIPE - FOOD.COM
BEST SAFFRON RISOTTO RECIPE | SARA SAFFRON
BAKED SAFFRON RICE RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
DAINTY RICE | BAKED SAFFRON RICE - DAINTY RICE
ORANGE SAFFRON RICE TART - MORE.CTV.CA
TAHDIG (PERSIAN CRISPY RICE) RECIPE - SIMPLYRECIPES.COM
BAKED SAFFRON RICE FOOD - HOMEANDRECIPE.COM
TOP 49 MAHATMA SAFFRON RICE RECIPES - KASPER864.MOTORETTA.CA
JAMIE’S QUICK AND EASY FOOD EPISODE 4 — SAFFRON RICE ... - HDCLUMP
CRUNCHY BAKED SAFFRON RICE (TACHIN) | RECIPE | SAFFRON RICE RECIPE ...
#60-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #preparation #side-dishes #rice #vegetarian #dietary #pasta-rice-and-grains #long-grain-rice
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is the best way to cook saffron rice?This simple recipe for saffron rice includes butter, onion, and saffron. It has been used in my family for quite some time and has always been a favorite. Heat the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the onion; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes.
What is a good recipe to make with saffron?Stir in 2 cups basmati rice, 2 teaspoons kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon saffron threads. Add 1 1/2 cups each water and low-sodium chicken broth.
What is Persian saffron rice?This Persian Saffron Rice is not something I made up. It’s a real-deal Persian dish called Tachin. Often you’ll find recipes where it’s layered with a bit of chicken or other protein of vegetables. But for my Persian menu, I’m using it as a side dish so I opted to keep it plain. Not that there’s anything plain about Tachin!!!
How do you cook with saffron and rose water?Drain and rinse with cold water. Meanwhile, melt butter in a medium skillet over medium-low heat. Cook barberries, stirring often, until plumped slightly and warmed through, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in rose water, if using. Place rack in lower third of oven; preheat to 400°. Combine saffron and 2 Tbsp. hot water in a large bowl.