MOM'S CHICKEN CACCIATORE
Provided by Valerie Bertinelli
Yield 4 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Sprinkle the chicken thighs with salt and pepper, then toss them in a bowl with the flour to lightly coat.
- Heat the olive oil in a large, wide pot over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add the thighs and cook, turning once, until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Remove the thighs to a plate.
- Add the onion and mushrooms to the pot and cook, stirring, until the onion is softened and the mushrooms are lightly golden, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and bell peppers and cook, stirring, until the peppers are just starting to soften, about 1 minute. Add the wine and bring to a boil, then cook, scraping up any brown bits, until reduced by about half. Add the oregano and rosemary. Add the tomatoes and their juice and bring to a simmer. Add the olives and capers. Return the chicken to the pot, nestling in the sauce. Reduce the heat to keep the sauce at a gentle simmer and cook until the chicken is cooked through, about 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the basil. Serve immediately.
Try Giada De Laurentiis' Chicken Cacciatore recipe, a rustic poultry-vegetable hunter's stew, from Everyday Italian on Food Network.
Provided by Giada De Laurentiis
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 15
- Sprinkle the chicken pieces with 1 teaspoon of each salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken pieces in the flour to coat lightly.
- In a large heavy saute pan, heat the oil over a medium-high flame. Add the chicken pieces to the pan and saute just until brown, about 5 minutes per side. If all the chicken does not fit in the pan, saute it in 2 batches. Transfer the chicken to a plate and set aside. Add the bell pepper, onion and garlic to the same pan and saute over medium heat until the onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add the wine and simmer until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes with their juice, broth, capers and oregano. Return the chicken pieces to the pan and turn them to coat in the sauce. Bring the sauce to a simmer. Continue simmering over medium-low heat until the chicken is just cooked through, about 30 minutes for the breast pieces, and 20 minutes for the thighs.
- Using tongs, transfer the chicken to a platter. If necessary, boil the sauce until it thickens slightly, about 3 minutes. Spoon off any excess fat from atop the sauce. Spoon the sauce over the chicken, then sprinkle with the basil and serve.
"Cacciatore," meaning "hunter" in Italian, refers to an earthy Italian chicken dish with vegetables. Every Italian may make it differently, but Bobby Flay's chicken cacciatore has loads of fresh mushrooms and his signature touch of spicy chile.
Provided by Bobby Flay
Yield 4 servings
Number Of Ingredients 19
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large Dutch oven over high heat. Sprinkle the chicken pieces on both sides with salt and pepper. Working in batches, place the chicken in the pan, skin-side down, and cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes. Turn the chicken over and cook until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the chicken to a large plate.
- Add another tablespoon of the oil to the pan and heat until almost smoking. Add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until they are golden brown and their liquid has evaporated, about 10 minutes. Remove to a plate.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, the onions and the bell peppers to the pan and cook until soft, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic, serrano chiles and red pepper flakes, and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the wine and cook until almost completely reduced. Add the chicken broth, tomatoes, rosemary and thyme, and bring to a simmer. Return the dark meat and mushrooms to the pan, reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the pan and cook until the chicken is tender, about 30 minutes.
- Add the white meat to the pan, cover and continue cooking for 10 minutes. Remove the chicken with a slotted spoon to a large shallow bowl and tent it loosely with foil.
- Raise the heat under the pan to high and cook the liquid, stirring occasionally, until thickened to a sauce consistency, about 15 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper and honey. Stir in the basil and capers, and pour the sauce over the chicken. Garnish with fresh basil sprigs. Serve over spaghetti and sprinkle with shaved Parmesan.
CAPER CHICKEN CACCIATORE
Capers, black and green olives, pepperoni, white wine ...Such savory, scrumptious Mediterranean flavors divine! This is my version of Chicken Cacciatore. Great for a dinner party, plus you can omit or add any ingredient to make it especially yours!
Provided by JoAnn M. Jarrach
Categories World Cuisine Recipes European Italian
Number Of Ingredients 12
- In a large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper to taste and brown chicken in hot oil. Remove chicken from skillet. Set aside.
- In same skillet saute onions and mushrooms until translucent. Return chicken to skillet and add the tomatoes, soup and wine. When liquids start to simmer add the green olives, black olives, capers and pepperoni. Cover skillet and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Remove skillet cover, pour skillet mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish and bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes, until chicken is tender and juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 1247.8 calories, Carbohydrate 15.5 g, Cholesterol 319.4 mg, Fat 90.7 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 80.4 g, SaturatedFat 24.9 g, Sodium 1904.5 mg, Sugar 6.2 g
CHICKEN WITH MARSALA AND CAPERS
I created this recipe when I was trying to put something together for dinner. It was so good. My kids couldn't stop saying "mmmm" all through dinner!
Provided by yogamom
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat butter and olive oil in pan over medium to medium high heat.
- Mix flour, salt and pepper on a plate or deep dish- set aside.
- Pound chicken breast to flatten. Dredge chicken in flour mixture.
- Brown chicken in olive oil and butter. Once brown (about 5 mins on each side) remove chicken and keep covered.
- Add chopped onion to pan and brown- it doesn't have to be completely tender- about 3-4 minutes
- Add Marsala wine, horseradish and capers. Stir to combine.
- If you don't have a pan that is oven safe pour pan ingredients in oven safe dish. Place chicken on top of sauce and cover. Cook about 30 minute I made up some pasta and put the sauce over the pasta, you could also use rice.
MAMA LUCIA'S CHICKEN CACCIATORE
Provided by Lucy Carney
Categories Chicken Mushroom Tomato Kid-Friendly Marsala Bon Appétit Washington Small Plates
Yield Serves 4
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place flour in plastic bag. Add chicken pieces and toss to coat completely.
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken pieces to skillet and sauté until brown, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to plate. Pour fat from skillet. Add remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil to skillet. Add halved mushrooms, diced green bell peppers, chopped onion, chopped garlic and oregano and sauté until onion is tender, about 10 minutes. Mix in marinara sauce, chicken broth, Marsala and capers. Return chicken pieces to skillet, spooning sauce over. Bring sauce to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover skillet and simmer until chicken is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Using tongs, transfer chicken to large platter. Boil sauce until slightly thickened, about 3 minutes; spoon off fat. Spoon sauce over chicken. Serve, passing Parmesan separately, if desired.
CHICKEN MARSALA WITH CAPERS
Make and share this Chicken Marsala With Capers recipe from Food.com.
Provided by nyshogirl
Categories Chicken Breast
Yield 4 pieces, 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 13
- Pound the breasts to about 1/2" - 1/4" thickness between plastic wrap. Dredge them in the flour and salt and pepper lightly, and set aside. Put oil and butter in lg. frying pan and heat to medium. Mince the garlic and saute in the oil/butteruntil light gold in color, then add the chicken and saute until light brown. Chicken is thin so it won't take too long, 7-10 minute Remove chicken to platter and keep warm in 200 degree oven. Saute the mushrooms in the oil/butter mixture for about 3 minute then add the drained capers and chicken broth. Cook another 2 minute Add the Marsala wine (NOT cooking wine), and simmer another 3 min.( to cook off any alcohol), then add chicken and any juices back into the sauce. Simmer 5 minute Mix the cornstarch and water, then stir into the pan juices. Cook for about 3-5 minute to make sure cornstarch is well incorporated. Sauce will be lightly thickened but NOT gravy-like. Return all to warm platter and serve. Taste then add salt and pepper if needed. We like this with al-dente whole wheat thin spaghetti and then dress the noodles with the sauce, and a side of fresh carrots boiled to crisp-tender.
CHICKEN CACCIATORE WITH MARSALA AND CAPERS
I adapted this fast and easy Bon Appetit recipe to suit my family's likes. Serve this over brown rice for a simple, easy dinner
Provided by Abby Girl
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Heat 3 T oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and saute until brown, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer chicken to plate.
- Pour off fat from the skillet. Add remaining oil to the skillet. Add mushrooms, zucchini, onion, garlic and oregano. Saute until onion is tender, about 7 - 10 minutes. In a bowl, mix in marinara sauce, broth, Marsala and capers.
- Return chicken to skillet, spooning sauce over. Bring sauce to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low, cover and simmer until chicken is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Using tongs, transfer chicken to a large platter. Boil sauce until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes; spoon off fat.
- Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper; spoon over chicken.
More about "chicken cacciatore with marsala and capers food"
EASY CHICKEN CACCIATORE RECIPE - THE MEDITERRANEAN DISH
4.7/5 (111)Category DinnerCuisine ItalianCalories 348 per serving
- In a large pan or braiser (with a lid), heat 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil over medium-high until shimmering but not smoking. Add the chicken, skin side down first. Cook until golden brown, then turn over to brown on the other side (about 8 minutes total). Remove the chicken and set aside on a plate.
- In the same braiser, add the onions, celery, peppers, mushrooms, and garlic. Cook over medium heat, tossing regularly. Add koserh salt, pepper, oregano, fresh thyme, parsley and red pepper flakes. Allow the vegetables to cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until tender.
- Add the red wine and cook for a few minutes until the wine has reduced by about 1/2, then add the tomatoes. Cook 5 to 10 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
CHICKEN CACCIATORE RECIPE | KITCHN
CHICKEN CACCIATORE - A CLASSIC ITALIAN DISH SO VIBRANT AND …
CHICKEN CACCIATORE – WELLPLATED.COM
CHICKEN CACCIATORE RECIPE | FEASTING AT HOME
5/5 (19)Calories 472 per servingCategory Main
CHICKEN CACCIATORE RECIPES
CHICKEN CACCIATORE: AN AUTHENTIC ITALIAN CHICKEN RECIPE YOUR …
CHICKEN CACCIATORE SICILIAN-STYLE RECIPE | MYRECIPES
CHICKEN CACCIATORE RECIPE | BON APPéTIT
INSTANT POT CHICKEN CACCIATORE | TESTED BY AMY + JACKY
CHICKEN CACCIATORE WITH PASTA - CHEERFUL COOK
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to make chicken cacciatore?This easy chicken cacciatore recipe with boneless chicken thighs, mushrooms, and wine is made on the stovetop and ready in under an hour. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a Dutch oven or similar deep, sturdy pot over medium-high. Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper.
What is Alla Cacciatore?So if you ever spot the phrase alla cacciatore on a menu, it refers to the rustic “hunter-style” that you will also find in this dish. To break it down, chicken cacciatore is a casserole with pieces of chicken in a tomato sauce, served with pasta. For my chicken cacciatore, I have used chicken thighs. However, you can any cut of chicken you prefer.
What to serve with Cacciatore sauce?This Lemon Butter Chicken is another chicken dish that can be made with either breasts or thighs. Onion + Green Bell Pepper + Garlic. A flavorful trio to kick off our cacciatore sauce. Olives are a common ingredient in cacciatore.
What mushrooms go with chicken cacciatore?When making chicken cacciatore with mushrooms, use crimini mushrooms (also called baby bellas). Chopped portobello mushrooms would work too. I do not recommend white button mushrooms, as they are more bland. Italian Seasoning. Ties everything together with a tasty Italian-inspired bouquet of flavors.