CHINESE TAKE-AWAY-STYLE LEMON CHICKEN RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: chicken breast, lemon zest, garlic, soy sauce, salt, pepper, flour, eggs, panko breadcrumbs, oil, chicken stock, lemon zest, lemon, sugar, water, corn flour
Provided by Evelyn Liu
Yield 1 serving
Number Of Ingredients 16
- Combine all marinade ingredients with the chicken breast and leave for 20 minutes.
- Coat the chicken breast first in flour, then eggs, and finally panko breadcrumbs.
- In a medium-sized saucepan heat the oil to 325˚F (170°C),
- Deep fry the breaded chicken for about 3-4 minutes until the coating is golden brown.
- In a small frying pan, combine the chicken stock, lemon juice, and sugar. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Mix the corn flour with the water, then add the mixture to the frying pan to thicken the sauce.
- Add the chicken to the frying pan and coat with the lemon sauce.
- Serve on top of rice. (We garnished ours with green onions and sesame seeds.)
- Nutrition Calories: 4856 Fat: 436 grams Carbs: 188 grams Fiber: 9 grams Sugars: 47 grams Protein: 66 grams
CHINESE-STYLE LEMON MARMALADE CHICKEN
Chicken thighs basted in lemon, ginger and soy sauce and roasted in the oven - perfect with a side of egg-fried rice or stir-fried noodles
Provided by Good Food team
Number Of Ingredients 9
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Mix together the marmalade, garlic, ginger, soy, oil and half the lemon juice. Arrange the chicken thighs on a baking tray lined with foil and spoon over half the marmalade mixture. Roast in the oven for 15 mins.
- Baste the chicken with the marmalade mix from the bottom of the tray, then spoon over the remaining marmalade mix and cook for another 10 mins. Baste again, then cook for a further 10-15 mins until the chicken is cooked through and golden.
- Squeeze over the remaining lemon juice, and sprinkle with the zest and spring onions. Serve with rice and stir-fried Tenderstem broccoli.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 249 calories, Fat 16 grams fat, SaturatedFat 4 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 6 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 5 grams sugar, Protein 21 grams protein, Sodium 0.9 milligram of sodium
LADY MARMALADE CHICKEN
A delicious treat that goes well at dinner parties. Adapted from a Seattle Times newspaper food section.
Provided by A.M. Collins
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Combine mustard, marmalade, jalapeno, lime juice and oil.
- If mixture isn't hot enough to your taste add a little cayenne pepper.
- Wash chicken and pat dry.
- Cut a pocket in the side of each breast and spoon in a little of the mustard sauce.
- Baste the tops of the chicken with the sauce.
- Place chicken on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Bake in a preheated pan for 40 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Baste once during the cooking time with the sauce.
As the children were growing up, it was fun to try different recipes. If they ate what I served and liked it, I would use it for an entree with company. If the dish passed the kids' palates, I knew others would enjoy it. -Joi Freeman Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 2 servings.
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper and salt; set aside. , In a large skillet, saute onion in oil and butter until tender. Sprinkle with the garlic powder and remaining lemon-pepper. Remove onion and keep warm., In the same skillet, cook chicken over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side or a thermometer reaches 170°. Spread marmalade over chicken. Return onion to the pan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until the marmalade is melted.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 281 calories, Fat 15g fat (5g saturated fat), Cholesterol 62mg cholesterol, Sodium 522mg sodium, Carbohydrate 20g carbohydrate (18g sugars, Fiber 1g fiber), Protein 18g protein.
LEMON CHICKEN (CHINESE STYLE)
- Cut chicken in half and pound to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Rub chicken with garlic, ginger, salt, and pepper.
- Coat chicken with flour, dip in beaten egg and press on panko.
- Deep fry at 350 degrees F, turning once or twice until golden brown on both sides.
- Combine sauce ingredients and bring to a boil.
- To serve, cut chicken into bite size pieces and pour sauce over.
EASY HOMEMADE CHINESE LEMON CHICKEN
- Whisk soy sauce, egg, lemon juice, rice vinegar, sugar, and hot mustard together in a medium bowl. Add chicken, cover, and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Remove chicken from marinade and toss in a large mixing bowl with 1/2 cup cornstarch. Be sure to coat thoroughly. Discard marinade.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Pan-fry chicken in batches until browned and no longer pink in the center, about 5 minutes per batch. Transfer to a tray covered with paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- Whisk chicken broth, lemon juice, honey, and cornstarch together in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and stir constantly until sauce becomes translucent and begins to thicken, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and top cooked chicken with sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 342.8 calories, Carbohydrate 30.1 g, Cholesterol 112.6 mg, Fat 11.2 g, Fiber 0.8 g, Protein 29.7 g, SaturatedFat 1.7 g, Sodium 3990.8 mg, Sugar 8.5 g
People also searched
More about "chinese style lemon marmalade chicken food"
MARMALADE AND LEMON CHINESE-STYLE CHICKEN - LAKINGS
CHINESE-STYLE LEMON MARMALADE CHICKEN | RECIPE …
LEMON CHICKEN WITH MARMALADE GLAZE - ALL WAYS DELICIOUS
CHINESE-STYLE LEMON MARMALADE CHICKEN RECIPE | NEW …
NEW LOW FODMAP RECIPES - CHINESE-STYLE LEMON MARMALADE …
MARINATED CHICKEN FEET WITH LEMON SPICY GRAINS RECIPE - SIMPLE …
CHINESE-STYLE LEMON MARMALADE CHICKEN | RECIPE | MARMALADE …
CHINESE LEMON CHICKEN – HOW TO MAKE IN 3 SIMPLE STEPS
STICKY LEMON MARMALADE CHICKEN - RECIPE - OH, THAT'S …
CHINESE LEMON CHICKEN RECIPE - FOOD.COM
CHINESE-STYLE LEMON MARMALADE CHICKEN
CHINESE-STYLE LEMON CHICKEN MEAL KIT DELIVERY | GOODFOOD
LEMON CHICKEN CHINESE STYLE FOOD - HOMEANDRECIPE.COM
LEMON CHICKEN RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
CHINESE-STYLE LEMON MARMALADE CHICKEN | THE COOK BOOK
You'll also love