LEMON CHICKEN ORZO SOUP
Inspired by Panera Bread's version, this soup delivers on flavor. Tender chicken in a lemony broth with orzo pasta, carrots, onions, celery, and baby spinach. This has quickly become one of my family's very favorite soup recipes.
Provided by ReneePaj
Number Of Ingredients 17
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook orzo in the boiling water until partially cooked through but not yet soft, about 5 minutes; drain and rinse with cold water until cooled completely.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Cook and stir carrots, celery, and onion in hot oil until the vegetables begin to soften and the onion becomes translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. Add garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute more. Season mixture with thyme, oregano, salt, black pepper, and bay leaf; continue cooking another 30 seconds before pouring chicken broth into the pot.
- Bring the broth to a boil. Partially cover the pot, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer until the vegetables are just tender, about 10 minutes.
- Stir orzo, lemon juice, and lemon zest into the broth; add chicken. Cook until the chicken and orzo are heated through, about 5 minutes. Add baby spinach; cook until the spinach wilts into the broth and the orzo is tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Ladle soup into bowls; garnish with lemon slices and Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 167.3 calories, Carbohydrate 21.7 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Fat 4.1 g, Fiber 2.6 g, Protein 12.1 g, SaturatedFat 1.5 g, Sodium 186.9 mg, Sugar 3.8 g
COPYCAT LEMON CHICKEN ORZO SOUP
I fell in love with this seasonal soup last summer while it was at that famous fancy sandwich shop, and I was determined to recreate it. It's an easy soup to make and it's been a huge favorite in our house ever since. I make it almost weekly. Don't tell that fancy sandwich shop, but I think this is actually better than theirs! Garnish with fresh lemon slices.
Provided by shannonferger
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Combine chicken broth, chicken breasts, spinach, carrots, celery, orzo pasta, basil, oregano, pepper, and salt in a large stockpot over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables and pasta are tender, about 30 minutes.
- Add lemon juice in small amounts, stirring well and tasting after each addition to adjust flavor.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 204 calories, Carbohydrate 28.8 g, Cholesterol 32.5 mg, Fat 2.4 g, Fiber 1.9 g, Protein 15.9 g, SaturatedFat 0.5 g, Sodium 1797.7 mg, Sugar 3.6 g
LEMON CHICKEN SOUP WITH ORZO
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a pot over med-high heat; season the chicken with salt and add it to the pot; cook/stir occasionally, until just cooked through, about 5 minutes; transfer the chicken to a dish; set aside.
- Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil to the pot; add in onions, celery, carrot, and thyme; cook/stir over med-high heat until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add in 5 cups broth and bring to a boil; add in orzo and let simmer until tender, about 8 minutes.
- Decrease heat to low to keep the soup hot, but not boiling.
- Warm the remaining 1 cup broth in a small pan until it is hot, but not boiling.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs; gradually whisk the lemon juice into the eggs; then gradually add the hot broth to the lemon-egg mixture, whisking all the while.
- Add the mixture to the soup, stirring well until the soup is thickened.
- Do not let the soup come to a boil; add in cooked chicken; season to taste with salt and pepper; serve.
LEMON CHICKEN ORZO SOUP
This is a Cooking Light recipe I modified. I substituted store-bought rotisserie chicken and chicken stock in place of making my own. I serve this with some grated Romano cheese on top.
Provided by sraedemarco
Categories Clear Soup
Yield 6-8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 15
- 1. Heat olive oil in a large dutch oven.
- 2. Add carrot, onion, celery, garlic, thyme, lemon rind and salt. Saute over medium heat until vegetables begin to soften.
- 3. Add chicken stock and lemon juice. Bring to a boil.
- 4. Add chicken and orzo. Simmer until orzo is cooked thru.
- 5. Just before serving add parsley. Garnish with black pepper and Romano cheese.
LEMON ORZO CHICKEN SOUP WITH SPINACH
- Het olive oil in a large stock pot. Add onion and garlic and cook for 3 minutes. Add lemon zest, red pepper flakes and thyme and cook another 3 minutes. Add spinach and orzo, stir to coat, and cook for 1 minute. Add chicken broth, lemon juice and shreddeed chicken. Bring to a light simmer and cook for 12 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk the 2 tablespoons water with the cornstarch until smooth. Whisk mixture into soup and allow the soup to thicken slightly. Serve topped with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 214.9, Fat 5, SaturatedFat 1.1, Cholesterol 13.7, Sodium 778, Carbohydrate 27.3, Fiber 1.4, Sugar 2.2, Protein 14.1
GREEK LEMON AND ORZO SOUP
- In a soup pot, bring the broth, lemon peel, bay leaf and saffron to a boil.
- Stir in the orzo and boil for 5 minutes.
- Cover, remove the pan from the heat and let the orzo steep for 5 minutes.
- Discard the lemon peel and a bay leaf.
- In a bowl, whish the eggs and egg yolks, lemon juice and hot sauce.
- Whisk in ½ cup soup to temper the eggs, then whish the egg mixture into the soup.
- Cook on low heat, whisking, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley; season with salt and pepper. Serve with pita chips.
People also searched
More about "copycat lemon chicken orzo soup food"
PANERA LEMON CHICKEN ORZO SOUP - GIRL AND THE KITCHEN
LEMON CHICKEN ORZO SOUP - THE DAILY MEAL
LEMON CHICKEN ORZO SOUP - SUEBEE HOMEMAKER
COPYCAT LEMON CHICKEN ORZO SOUP RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
COPYCAT LEMON CHICKEN ORZO SOUP FOOD - HOMEANDRECIPE.COM
35+ BEST CREAMY SOUP RECIPES - PLATINGS + PAIRINGS
ONE POT CHICKEN WITH ORZO, SPINACH, & ARTICHOKE
GARLICKY BREADCRUMB CHICKEN THIGHS WITH ORZO AND GREENS
COPYCAT PANERA CHICKEN ORZO LEMON SOUP | MY BIZZY KITCHEN
LEMON CHICKEN ORZO SOUP RECIPE | BIG Y
LEMON CHICKEN ORZO SOUP - THE COZY COOK
LEMON CHICKEN ORZO SOUP RECIPE - FOOD.COM
LEMON CHICKEN ORZO SOUP RECIPE - FOOD.COM
LEMON CHICKEN ORZO SOUP - WHISPER OF YUM
TOP 42 BEST COPYCAT SOUP RECIPES - HERCULES.DIXIESEWING.COM
TOP 50 GREEK LEMON CHICKEN ORZO SOUP RECIPE RECIPES
COPYCAT PANERA LEMON CHICKEN ORZO SOUP - SCRAMBLED AND …
LEMON CHICKEN ORZO SOUP : R/SOUP - REDDIT.COM
HEARTY LEMON CHICKEN ORZO SOUP YOUR FAMILY WILL LOVE
TOP 50 BEST COPYCAT SOUP RECIPES - NAMUS.YOURAMYS.COM
HOW TO MAKE COPYCAT PANERA LEMON CHICKEN SOUP | TASTE OF HOME
TOP 43 COPYCAT CHI CHI RECIPES - RYMILL.COOLFIRE25.COM
LEMON CHICKEN ORZO SOUP PANERA STYLE - OH, THAT'S GOOD!
TOP 50 BEST COPYCAT RESTAURANT SOUP RECIPES - TMAX.PAKASAK.COM
TOP 47 GREEK LEMON CHICKEN ORZO SOUP RECIPE RECIPES
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook chicken orzo soup?Stir orzo, lemon juice, and lemon zest into the broth; add chicken. Cook until the chicken and orzo are heated through, about 5 minutes. Add baby spinach; cook until the spinach wilts into the broth and the orzo is tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Ladle soup into bowls; garnish with lemon slices and Parmesan cheese. I Made It Print Editor's Note:
What is in this lemon chicken orzo soup?Read more » This Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup is made with spinach and juicy chicken in a perfectly seasoned broth with a hint of cream and Parmesan cheese. Freshly squeezed lemon juice adds the best fresh flavor to this soup. Are you a soup person all year round?
How much lemon juice for orzo soup?The extra orzo did soak up alot of the stock, making it much more thick, but my husband likes soup that way. I found the 1/2 cup of lemon to be just right. I included the juice when I added the stock, giving it a chance to cook into the broth.I definitely recommend you give this a try!. Sheila LaLonde Allstar Rating: 4 stars 02/17/2015
Does Panera have chicken orzo soup?A perfect take on the popular Panera Lemon Chicken Orzo soup! A healthy and fresh soup bursting with bright lemony flavors and tender orzo pasta! We start simply enough with a large pot and 1 tbsp of butter in it over medium heat. And dice up an onion.