POTATO & LEEK GRATIN
A creamy supper dish that's cooked in one pot, and is easily made vegetarian
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Dinner, Lunch, Main course, Side dish, Supper
Number Of Ingredients 10
- Pour the stock, cream and milk into a small saucepan, add the garlic and bay leaf and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat, cover and let the flavours infuse while you get on with the rest of the dish.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4/fan 160C. Butter a 2 litre gratin dish well. Mix the potatoes, leeks and ham (if using) together in the dish, and spread out in an even layer. Pour over the stock mixture and tuck the bay leaf in the middle. Season and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Stand the dish on a baking tray to catch any spills. Loosely cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Test the potatoes with a knife - they should be just beginning to soften. Remove the foil and bake for another 35-45 minutes, spooning some of the stock mixture over every now and again until the potatoes are tender. Cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 486 calories, Fat 28 grams fat, SaturatedFat 17 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 40 grams carbohydrates, Fiber 4 grams fiber, Protein 21 grams protein, Sodium 1.95 milligram of sodium
VEGAN POTATO LEEK GRATIN
I've always loved these creamy, delicious dishes and find that it's difficult to recreate them without dairy. This creamy casserole style dish is perfect for anyone who is vegan or allergic to dairy.
Provided by Clara Schryer
Categories Side Dish Potato Side Dish Recipes Potatoes Au Gratin Recipes
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Combine leeks, margarine, garlic, 2 teaspoons oregano, 2 teaspoons rosemary, salt, and pepper in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook until leeks are soft, 7 to 8 minutes. Add potatoes, coconut milk, almond milk, and flour and bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer until potatoes are almost cooked, 10 to 15 minutes. Add more liquid if mixture starts to stick.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a casserole dish.
- Spoon potato mixture into the prepared casserole dish and sprinkle with shredded cheese. Garnish with remaining oregano and rosemary.
- Bake in the preheated oven until potatoes are fully cooked and the top is golden brown, 20 to 30 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 204.4 calories, Carbohydrate 29.2 g, Fat 7.3 g, Fiber 2.7 g, Protein 4.9 g, SaturatedFat 4 g, Sodium 561.7 mg, Sugar 2.3 g
POTATO LEEK GRATIN
Layer thinly sliced potatoes in a gratin dish, and then take your time sautéing the leeks, letting them turn a little golden and crisp around the edges, which brings out their sweetness. Add the leeks to the potatoes, and using the same pan in which you cooked the leeks, scrape up the brown bits at the bottom of the pan with a mix of cream, garlic, thyme and nutmeg, pouring that over the potatoes and leeks.
Provided by Melissa Clark
Categories casseroles, side dish
Yield 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 11
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and butter a 2-quart gratin dish. Wash the leeks to remove any grit and slice thinly crosswise.
- Using a mandoline or sharp knife, slice the potatoes into rounds, 1/8-inch thick. Toss with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Layer the rounds in the gratin dish.
- Melt the 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add leeks, remaining salt and pepper, and thyme. Cook, stirring, until leeks are tender and golden, 5 to 7 minutes. Discard thyme and scatter the leeks over the potatoes.
- Add cream, garlic and bay leaf to the skillet, scraping up browned bits of leeks from the bottom of the pan. Simmer gently for 5 minutes. Stir in nutmeg.
- Pour the cream over the leeks and potatoes and top with the Gruyère. Cover with aluminum foil and transfer to the oven. Bake for 40 minutes, uncover and bake until the cheese is bubbling and golden, 15 to 20 minutes longer. Let cool slightly before serving.
Nutrition Facts : @context http, Calories 352, UnsaturatedFat 8 grams, Carbohydrate 27 grams, Fat 24 grams, Fiber 3 grams, Protein 9 grams, SaturatedFat 15 grams, Sodium 461 milligrams, Sugar 4 grams, TransFat 0 grams
People also searched
More about "creamy potato and leek gratin food"
LEEK AND POTATO GRATIN RECIPE | SIDE DISH RECIPE
POTATO-LEEK GRATIN RECIPE | MYRECIPES
BEST POTATO LEEK GRATIN RECIPE - HOW TO MAKE POTATO …
POTATO LEEK GRATIN - WHOLESOME MADE EASY
LEEK AND POTATO GRATIN - LIFE MADE SIMPLE
POTATO AND LEEK GRATIN – SMITTEN KITCHEN
CREAMY POTATO AND LEEK GRATIN | RECIPE | KITCHEN STORIES
LEEK AND POTATO GRATIN | RICARDO - RICARDO CUISINE
5/5 (30)Category AppetizersServings 8Total Time 1 hr 30 mins
POTATO LEEK AND CHEESE GRATIN RECIPE - THE SPRUCE EATS
POTATO LEEK GRATIN WITH FENNEL - GIVE IT SOME THYME
CREAMY POTATO-LEEK GRATIN | SCHNUCKS
CREAMY LEEK AND POTATO GRATIN | YOUNG LOVE MOMMY
POTATO LEEK GRATIN WITH CRISPY BREADCRUMBS - EMILY EATS THINGS
LEEK AND POTATO GRATIN RECIPE | HELLOFRESH
POTATO LEEK AU GRATIN | THE MODERN PROPER
CHEESY LEEKS AND POTATOES AU GRATIN - SEASON & THYME
LEEK AND POTATO GRATIN RECIPE | DELICIOUS. MAGAZINE
THIS POTATO LEEK GRATIN IS EASY, FILLING, AND THE PERFECT …
28 POTATO RECIPES FOR DINNER THAT YOU'LL EAT RIGHT UP - SERIOUS EATS
SLOW BAKED SEA BASS WITH POTATO BOULANGèRE, LEEK ROYALE AND …
POTATO & LEEK GRATIN - EATINGWELL
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love