CRISPY BACON AND AVOCADO SALAD
My girls love making this salad. Just as well - we love eating it. Its from their cookbook My First Cookbook. The preparation time depends on your age. And the clearing up after takes a lot longer.
Provided by Sherrie-pie
Categories Low Protein
Yield 4 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- Make a French Dressing. Put the vinegar, oil, lemon juice, mustard and brown sugar into the jar. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Screw the lid of the jar on tightly and shake the contents well for a minute. Pour into a jug ready to serve.
- Wash and dry the lettuce. Shred it and put it into the bowl.
- Chop up the cucumber and apple. Peel the avocado and cut the flesh into medium-sized chunks. Mix with the lettuce.
- Cut the rind off the bacon rashers and grill under a low to medium heat for about 6 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Allow to drain on kitchen towel.
- Slice the warm bacon into small pieces. Gently mix the pieces into the salad. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve while the bacon is still warm with the jug of French dressing.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 469.6, Fat 43.2, SaturatedFat 9.9, Cholesterol 30.8, Sodium 409.3, Carbohydrate 15.7, Fiber 6.3, Sugar 6.5, Protein 8.2
CRISP BACON & AVOCADO TOASTS
- Heat grill to high. Put the bacon and cherry tomatoes, cut side up, on a grill rack and grill for 10 mins, turning the bacon halfway through, until crisp. Meanwhile, roughly mash the avocado with a fork and stir in the lime juice, chilli flakes, some salt, if you like, and pepper.
- Toast the bread until golden and spoon on the mashed avocado. Top with the tomatoes and bacon, then serve.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 269 calories, Fat 13 grams fat, SaturatedFat 3 grams saturated fat, Carbohydrate 26 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 3 grams sugar, Fiber 3 grams fiber, Protein 13 grams protein, Sodium 2.08 milligram of sodium
People also searched
More about "crispy bacon and avocado salad food"
AVOCADO AND BACON SALAD RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Category Light Meals & Snacks
CRISPY BACON AND AVOCADO SALAD - BIGOVEN.COM
5/5 (1)Total Time 30 minsCategory SaladCalories 460 per serving
CRISPY BACON SALAD WITH ROASTED CHERRY TOMATOES AND …
AVOCADO BACON SALAD • SALT & LAVENDER
CRISPY AVOCADO, BACON AND TOMATO SALAD | TASTY …
CREAMY AVOCADO EGG SALAD WITH CRISPY BACON - EATWELL101
CELERY, AVOCADO AND WALNUT SALAD WITH CRISPY BACON …
CRISPY AVOCADO, BACON & TOMATO SALAD RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Servings 2Total Time 26 minsCategory GreensCalories 747 per serving
AVOCADO SALAD WITH LEMON, BACON AND WATERCRESS - FOOD NETWORK
Author Tyler FlorenceSteps 3Difficulty Easy
AVOCADO AND BACON SALAD RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Servings 4Total Time 30 minsCategory Lunch/SnacksCalories 163 per serving
AVOCADO WALNUT & CRISPY BACON SALAD A COLORFUL AND ... - FIND …
BACON AVOCADO SALAD - FIT DAILY UPDATES
AVOCADO CREME POTATO SALAD WITH CRISPY BACON & FRIED ONIONS
BACON AND EGG ICEBERG SALAD WITH AVOCADO DRESSING - CTV
AVOCADO, CRISPY BACON AND WHITE BEAN SALAD | QUICK SALAD RECIPES
AVOCADO POTATO SALAD WITH BACON • FOOD FOLKS AND FUN
POTATO SALAD WITH CRISPY BACON RECIPE - ALDI.COM.AU
ASPARAGUS AND BACON SPRING SALAD - VJ COOKS
CRISPY BACON, AVOCADO & TOMATO SALAD - WAITROSE
#15-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #preparation #low-protein #salads #dietary #low-sodium #low-carb #low-in-something
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What dressing goes with avocado Bacon Salad?This avocado bacon salad with spinach has a delicious honey mustard dressing that perfectly complements the crispy bacon and creamy avocado. Cut bacon into small pieces (I use kitchen shears to make this easy) and add it to a skillet over medium-high heat. Fry until crispy (about 10-12 minutes).
How to make avocado egg salad?1. To make the avocado egg salad: In a medium bowl, add diced eggs, avocado, bacon, cream, mayonnaise, cilantro, and lemon juice and combine with a spoon until creamy. 2. Garnish with additional bacon, eggs and cilantro.
How do you cook avocado and bacon on the grill?Heat grill to high. Put the bacon and cherry tomatoes, cut side up, on a grill rack and grill for 10 mins, turning the bacon halfway through, until crisp. Meanwhile, roughly mash the avocado with a fork and stir in the lime juice, chilli flakes, some salt, if you like, and pepper. Toast the bread until golden and spoon on the mashed avocado.
How do you make Bacon Salad Dressing?Heat a large frying pan and fry the bacon until it is crisp and browned on both sides. When the bacon is cool enough to handle slice into thin pieces, trimming any visible fat off. Put all of the salad ingredients in a bowl and set aside. For the dressing, put all the dressing ingredients in a bowl and combine thoroughly to form a smooth dressing.