VEGETARIAN NORI ROLLS
Delicious nori rolls that look great too. Even people who haven't eaten Japanese before liked these. Impress your friends!
Provided by Anne Buchanan
Categories Appetizers and Snacks Wraps and Rolls
Number Of Ingredients 11
- In a large saucepan cover rice with water and let stand for 30 minutes.
- In a shallow dish combine soy sauce, honey and garlic. In this mixture marinate tofu for at least 30 minutes.
- Bring water and rice to a boil and then reduce heat; simmer for about 20 minutes, or until thick and sticky. In a large glass bowl combine cooked rice with rice vinegar.
- Place a sheet of nori on a bamboo mat. Working with wet hands, spread 1/4 of the rice evenly over the nori; leave about 1/2 inch on the top edge of the nori. Place 2 strips of marinated tofu end to end about 1 inch from the bottom. Place 2 strips of cucumber next to the tofu, then avocado and carrot.
- Roll nori tightly from the bottom, using the mat to help make a tight roll. Seal by moistening with water the 1/2 inch at the top. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Slice with a serrated knife into 1 inch thick slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 288.9 calories, Carbohydrate 53.6 g, Fat 4.8 g, Fiber 3.9 g, Protein 8.1 g, SaturatedFat 0.7 g, Sodium 734.2 mg, Sugar 3.3 g
SALMON & CUCUMBER SUSHI ROLLS
Follow our simple step-by-step guide to rolling your own, low-fat and healthy Japanese sushi
Provided by Good Food team
Categories Dinner, Main course
Yield Makes 12
Number Of Ingredients 11
- First, make the rice. Rinse the sushi rice in a colander, massaging it with your hands until the water runs clear. Leave to drain for 15 mins.
- Put the rice in a saucepan with 200ml water and the sake or mirin, if using. Bring to the boil, then cover with a lid, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 mins until the liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat. Set aside, covered, for 15-20 mins.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Dissolve the sugar, if using, in the vinegar with a good pinch of salt, pour over the rice and mix. Cover with a damp tea towel and set aside at room temperature until ready to use.
- Put 1 nori sheet on a bamboo mat and cover the surface with half of the cooled rice. Lay half of the salmon and cucumber slices along the length of the rice in a strip, being careful not to overfill it. Run a pea-sized blob of wasabi (more if you like it really hot) along the edge of the filling with your finger.
- Roll up tightly and squeeze to seal when you reach the end. Repeat with the remaining nori, salmon and cucumber, and more wasabi. Slice each roll into 6 pieces, and serve with extra wasabi, ginger, soy sauce and salmon roe, if you like. Will keep in the fridge for 1 day.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 59 calories, Fat 1 grams fat, Carbohydrate 10 grams carbohydrates, Sugar 3 grams sugar, Protein 3 grams protein, Sodium 0.2 milligram of sodium
HOMEMADE VEGETARIAN SUSHI ROLLS
Cool, light-tasting strips of cucumber are rolled around crunchy veggies, creamy avocado, and a sheet of nori in this quick and simple homemade vegetarian sushi roll recipe.
Provided by Miki Mitchell
Categories World Cuisine Recipes Asian
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Slice cucumber into wide, flat pieces and blot with a paper towel to dry.
- Lay cucumber slices flat on a work surface, slightly overlapping each piece. Place nori sheet on top and arrange bell pepper and carrot slices along the edge that is closest to you. Gently roll the sushi, slice into 6 pieces, and top with avocado slices.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 272 calories, Carbohydrate 19.8 g, Fat 22.2 g, Fiber 12.1 g, Protein 4 g, SaturatedFat 3.2 g, Sodium 47.9 mg, Sugar 4.1 g
The fresh flavors of cucumber and smoked salmon are delicious, but it's the presentation here that will stop guests in their tracks. There's no cooking with these beauties. Just assemble and watch them disappear! -Heidi Hall, North St. Paul, Minnesota
Provided by Taste of Home
Yield 1 dozen.
Number Of Ingredients 9
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, horseradish, garlic powder and curry; set aside., With a vegetable peeler or metal cheese slicer, cut 12 very thin slices down the length of the cucumber; pat dry. Spread about 1 teaspoon cream cheese mixture down the center of each cucumber slice. Roll up., Arrange salmon on top of rolls; sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Garnish with chives.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 41 calories, Fat 3g fat (2g saturated fat), Cholesterol 11mg cholesterol, Sodium 78mg sodium, Carbohydrate 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, Fiber 0 fiber), Protein 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges
CUCUMBER ROLLS RECIPE BY TASTY
Here's what you need: cream cheese, smoked salmon, fresh dill, garlic powder, black pepper, large cucumbers
Provided by Kiano Moju
Yield 10 servings
Number Of Ingredients 6
- In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, smoked salmon, dill, garlic powder, and black pepper.
- Using a vegetable peeler or mandoline, peel the cucumbers lengthwise into thin slices. Discard the outer peel.
- Pat the peeled cucumber slices with paper towels to absorb any excess moisture.
- Spread a small spoonful of filling over a cucumber slice.
- Starting from one end, tightly roll the cucumber into a spiral. Repeat with remaining cucumber slices and filling.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 100 calories, Carbohydrate 4 grams, Fat 8 grams, Fiber 0 grams, Protein 3 grams, Sugar 2 grams
CUCUMBER AND AVOCADO SUSHI
Cucumber and avocado sushi! These rolls are easy to make and you can add either fake crab or smoked salmon. Serve with teriyaki or soy sauce and wasabi!
Provided by Lexi S.
Categories Appetizers and Snacks
Number Of Ingredients 7
- Combine the water and rice in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes, or until rice is tender and water has been absorbed. Remove from the heat and stir in the vinegar and a pinch of salt. Set aside to cool.
- Cover a bamboo sushi mat with plastic wrap to keep the rice from sticking. Place a sheet of seaweed over the plastic. Use your hands to spread the rice evenly onto the sheet, leaving about 1/2 inch of seaweed empty at the bottom. Arrange strips of cucumber and avocado across the center of the rice. Lift the mat and roll over the vegetables once and press down. Unroll, then roll again towards the exposed end of the seaweed sheet to make a long roll. You may moisten with a little water to help seal. Set aside and continue with remaining nori sheets, rice and fillings.
- Use a sharp wet knife to slice the rolls into 5 or 6 slices. Serve cut side up with your favorite sushi condiments.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 170.8 calories, Carbohydrate 28.7 g, Fat 5.1 g, Fiber 3.2 g, Protein 3 g, SaturatedFat 0.8 g, Sodium 5.7 mg, Sugar 0.5 g
People also searched
More about "cucumber nori rolls food"
CUCUMBER ROLL - FOOD WITH FEELING
Cuisine JapaneseTotal Time 45 minsCategory MainCalories 479 per serving
- Place the apple cider vinegar, water, sugar, and salt in a small, heatproof bowl. Microwave until the sugar has dissolved– about 2 minutes.
QUICK NORI ROLL WITH CUCUMBER AND AVOCADO RECIPE
Servings 4Total Time 15 mins
NORI WRAPS RECIPE - LOVE AND LEMONS
22 BEST CUCUMBER SUSHI RECIPES - ICHI SUHI
RECIPE: VEGGIE NORI ROLLS | KITCHN
17 BEST NORI WRAPS (+ EASY RECIPES) - INSANELY GOOD
5/5 (1)Published Sep 22, 2022Category Recipe Roundup
- Nori Wrap with Canned Tuna. These nori wraps have a little bit of everything, except carbs! Plus, there’s no need to head down to the Asian market for sushi-grade fish.
- Keto Sushi Rolls without Rice. For those on a keto diet, sushi is off the menu. However, if you skip out on the rice, you can still indulge in flavorful sushi without undoing your diet.
- Sunrise Nori Wraps with Spicy Tahini Drizzle. Why are they called sunrise nori wraps? They look just like a sunrise! These vegetarian sushi rolls let the veggies shine.
- Easy Vegetable Nori Wraps. It doesn’t get much easier than these vegetable nori wraps. They’re light, surprisingly filling, and make the perfect option when you don’t have time for a post-lunch food coma.
- Paleo Tuna Salad Nori Wraps. These paleo tuna salad wraps are so healthy you don’t have to stop and just one! For a flavorful lunch low on calories, these wraps pair lightly dressed tuna with crunchy veggies wrapped up in a nori sheet.
KAPPAMAKI (HOSOMAKI) CUCUMBER ROLLS RECIPE | FOOD …
Servings 4Total Time 25 minsCategory AppetizerCalories 238 per serving
KAPPA MAKI (CUCUMBER ROLL), EASY VEGGIE SUSHI RECIPE - HONEST …
IS SUSHI HEALTHY? HEALTHIEST ROLLS, WEIGHT LOSS BENEFITS EXPLAINED
VEGGIE NORI ROLLS | FOOD REVOLUTION NETWORK
KAPPA MAKI - AN EASY CUCUMBER SUSHI ROLL (ONLY THREE …
SUSHI ROLLS (MAKI SUSHI - HOSOMAKI) 細巻き • JUST ONE COOKBOOK
HOW TO MAKE SUSHI: PHILLY MAKI RECIPE | TASTE OF HOME
NORI ROLL WITH CUCUMBER & AVOCADO RECIPE - YOUR NEW …
CUCUMBER AVOCADO NORI ROLLS WITH CASHEW-CARROT DIPPING SAUCE
HOW TO MAKE NORI WRAPS LOW CARB - I HEART UMAMI®
EASY CUCUMBER ROLL RECIPE - MASHED
Are you curently on diet or you just want to control your food's nutritions, ingredients? We will help you find recipes by cooking method, nutrition, ingredients...Check it out »
You'll also love