SHRIMP AND SCALLOP STIR-FRY
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add asparagus, mushrooms, and onion; stir-fry until tender yet still firm to the bite, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Melt remaining butter in the same skillet. Stir-fry shrimp and scallops until almost opaque, about 2 minutes. Stir in parsley, garlic, salt, and pepper; cook for 1 minute more. Return cooked vegetables to the skillet; stir in lemon juice. Cook and stir until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 212.5 calories, Carbohydrate 11.6 g, Cholesterol 135.8 mg, Fat 7.1 g, Fiber 3.2 g, Protein 27.6 g, SaturatedFat 3.8 g, Sodium 600.8 mg, Sugar 3.7 g
EASY GOURMET SCALLOPS AND SHRIMPS
Treat your guests to exotic sweet scallops and succulent shrimp in this upscale yet easy stir-fry. Cooking time can be different so cook between 7 and 15 minutes.
Provided by Dancer
Yield 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- If using frozen shrimp, do not thaw.
- Place in a sieve and rinse under cold running water until ice crystals melt.
- Pat dry with paper towels.
- Remove tiny tough muscle from sides of scallops, if necessary.
- Pat scallops dry with paper towels, then place on new paper towels to absorb any excess moisture while preparing remaining ingredients.
- In a small bowl, stir sherry with water, teriyaki, sugar, garlic, ginger and chili flakes, if using.
- Core and seed peppers, then slice into 1/2-inch wide bite-size strips.
- Thinly slice green onions and set aside.
- Place scallops in a bowl.
- Then lightly sprinkle with cornstarch.
- Stir until evenly coated.
- Heat oil in a large, wide frying pan, preferably non-stick, set over high heat.
- Add coated scallops to hot pan, shaking off excess cornstarch.
- Cook until golden, from 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Add shrimp to pan.
- If using uncooked shrimp, stir-fry 2 minutes.
- If using cooked shrimp, stir-fry 30 seconds whether fresh or frozen.
- Immediately add pepper strips.
- Then stir in sherry mixture.
- Stir frequently until shrimp are hot and bright coral and peppers are tender-crisp, from 4 to 6 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with green onions.
- Wonderful served over steamed rice or noodles and drizzled with pan sauce.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 291.5, Fat 3, SaturatedFat 0.6, Cholesterol 239.6, Sodium 1042.9, Carbohydrate 16.1, Fiber 1.6, Sugar 5.9, Protein 35.5
EASY SHRIMP AND SCALLOP IN WHITE WINE SAUCE
I finally managed to get Aunt Barb to divulge her recipe! Serve with rice or a nice crusty bread to dip in the tasty sauce. PLEASE NOTE: When adding chicken base, it must be low salt or salt free (depending on your own tastes)...or recipe will be very salty.
Provided by Lambkyns
Categories < 30 Mins
Yield 2 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 14
- Heat oil over medium/high heat.
- Add garlic and onions.
- Stir constantly for 1 minute.
- Add shrimp and scallops.
- Continue stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add wine, basil, red pepper, chicken base.
- Allow to simmer 2 minutes.
- when cooked the shrimp will turn pink and the scallops will be opaque.
- Add butter, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with parsley and grated cheese.
- Toss with rice.
- (Any extra juices/sauce may be used for dipping bread).
VENETIAN SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS
- Lightly coat the sea scallops in flour seasoned with salt and pepper. Discard remaining flour.
- Preheat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add oil (1 turn around the pan) and butter. When butter melts into oil, add scallops. Brown scallops 2 minutes on each side, then remove from pan.
- Add an additional drizzle of olive oil to the pan and add the garlic, shallots, and crushed red pepper flakes. Reduce heat a little and saute garlic and shallots 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add wine to the pan and free up any pan drippings. Reduce wine 1 minute, then add stock, tomatoes and saffron threads. When liquids come to a bubble, add shrimp and cook 3 minutes. Return scallops to the pan and cook shrimp and scallops 2 to 3 minutes longer. Transfer shrimp and scallops to a warm serving dish and top with basil and lemon zest. Pass plenty of bread to enjoy the juices.
GARLIC SCALLOPS AND SHRIMP
- Rinse the scallops under cold water and cut in half.
- Season the scallops and shrimp with salt and pepper, then dust them with flour.
- Heat the oil in a pan over a high heat and add the scallops and shrimp to the hot oil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook for two minutes.
- Turn the scallops and shrimp in the pan.
- Add the garlic and basil and shake the pan to distribute the ingredients evenly.
- Cook two minutes until golden.
- Sprinkle the lemon juice over the mixture and toss to blend.
People also searched
More about "easy gourmet scallops and shrimps food"
29 BEST SCALLOP RECIPES FOR EASY, ELEGANT DINNERS AT HOME …
10 BEST SEA SCALLOPS AND SHRIMP RECIPES | YUMMLY
SEAFOOD PASTA WITH SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS (AND GARLIC!)
20 SHRIMP AND SCALLOP RECIPES
- Cajun Seafood Pasta. View Recipe. This recipe calls for bay scallops, the more tender, sweet, and affordable cousin to sea scallops (but don't worry, you can still use sea scallops if you cut them in half).
- Seafood Fettuccine. View Recipe. This simple seafood Alfredo is lower in calories and fat than most. You can add a little cornstarch slurry (equal parts cornstarch and water) to the sauce if you prefer a thicker consistency.
- Seafood Cioppino. View Recipe. This classic Italian seafood stew features five different kinds of fish and shellfish: clams, mussels, shrimp, scallops, and cod.
- Linguine with Seafood and Sundried Tomatoes. View Recipe. Here's a simple seafood pasta that comes together very quickly, so be sure to have the ingredients prepped and on deck, as recipe creator Star Pooley suggests.
- Seafood Creole. View Recipe. Similar to an étouffée, this dish consists of shrimp, scallops, and haddock fillets smothered in a spicy tomato sauce. Serve over rice.
- Shrimp, Clams, and Scallops Pasta. View Recipe. A spicy red sauce is the perfect complement to mild shellfish. Reviewers suggest serving with garlic bread and a bottle of Chardonnay.
- Maria's Paella. View Recipe. "This is the paella all your family and friends will beg you to make again," says recipe creator Desi Carrimko. "It has the true flavor of Spain and has been made by my family in Catalonia, Spain for many generations."
- Seafood Au Gratin. View Recipe. Shrimp, scallops (either bay or sea), and crab meat are baked into a cheesy casserole. It can be baked in a large baking dish or individually-portioned dishes for an elegant presentation.
- Mixed Seafood Curry. View Recipe. The delicious combination of ginger, coconut milk, lime, curry paste, asparagus, and shellfish will be a welcome change of pace.
- Slow-Cooker Fish Chowder. View Recipe. Here's a comforting, stick-to-your-ribs chowder that you'll crave on a winter's day. Loaded with bacon, corn, potatoes, celery, carrots, scallops, shrimp, and halibut, this chowder cooks itself in the slow cooker.
EASY GOURMET SCALLOPS AND SHRIMP - CHATELAINE
Servings 4-6Calories 160 per servingEstimated Reading Time 2 mins
CREAMY SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS OVER PASTA, THYME FOR COOKING EASY …
KETO SCALLOPS AND SHRIMP RECIPE - LADY KETO GENIE
240 BEST SCALLOPS AND SHRIMP IDEAS IN 2022 | SEAFOOD RECIPES, …
WORLD BEST DIABETIC FOOD RECIPES : EASY GOURMET SCALLOPS AND …
SCALLOP AND SHRIMP COCKTAIL FOOD - HOMEANDRECIPE.COM
BROILED SHRIMP AND SCALLOPS RECIPE | MYRECIPES
EASY GOURMET SCALLOPS AND SHRIMP - COPYKAT CHAT FORUMS
10 BEST GOURMET SCALLOPS RECIPES | YUMMLY
10 BEST SHRIMP SCALLOPS RECIPES | YUMMLY
#30-minutes-or-less #time-to-make #course #main-ingredient #cuisine #preparation #occasion #north-american #healthy #main-dish #seafood #vegetables #canadian #diabetic #dinner-party #holiday-event #low-fat #shrimp #stove-top #dietary #low-saturated-fat #low-calorie #low-carb #scallops #ontario #low-in-something #shellfish #taste-mood #savory #equipment #presentation #served-hot
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to cook shrimp and scallops on the stove?When the pan and oil are very hot, add the scallops and sear them for about 1 1/2 minutes before adding the shrimp, garlic, and parsley. Cook for another 2 minutes, then turn the scallops and shrimp and cook for a further 1 1/2 minutes. Next, add the wine, scraping the bottom of the pan; turn the heat down just to keep it warm.
How do you make shrimp scallops with rice?Add wine, basil, red pepper, chicken base. Allow to simmer 2 minutes. when cooked the shrimp will turn pink and the scallops will be opaque. Add butter, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with parsley and grated cheese. Toss with rice. (Any extra juices/sauce may be used for dipping bread).
What goes well with shrimp and scallops?Here scallops and shrimp are paired with asparagus, mushrooms, onion, lemon juice, and seasonings. Plus, it all comes together in just 25 minutes. Dessert crepes are great and all, but these savory shrimp and scallop crepes are a "seafood lover's dream," according to recipe creator and Allrecipes Allstar lutzflcat .
How to cook scallop and shrimp stir fry?This is a simple and light-tasting scallop and shrimp stir-fry. When served with rice, it makes a delicious meal. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add asparagus, mushrooms, and onion; stir-fry until tender yet still firm to the bite, about 5 minutes.