HOW TO MAKE PERFECT HARD-BOILED EGGS
- Place eggs in a large saucepan. Cover them with cool water by 1 inch. Slowly bring water to a boil over medium heat; when the water has reached a boil, cover and remove from heat. Let sit 12 minutes.
- Transfer eggs to a colander; place under cool running water to stop the cooking. Eggs can be peeled and served immediately.
THE PERFECT BOILED EGGS
- Put the eggs in a large pot with a lid. Pour cool water over the eggs until fully submerged and add the baking soda to the water. Put the pot over high heat and bring to a boil. Once the water is at a rolling boil, turn off the heat and cover the pot with the lid. Allow the eggs to sit in the hot water for the following times according to the desired doneness: 3 minutes for SOFT boiled; 6 minutes for MEDIUM boiled; 12 minutes for HARD boiled.
- Prepare a bowl of ice water. Transfer the cooked eggs to the ice water to cool completely before peeling.
HOW TO MAKE PERFECT HARD BOILED EGGS
This method makes the most perfect hard-boiled eggs ever. The whites are firm but not rubbery, and the yolks are cooked and still creamy.
Provided by Chef John
Categories Appetizers and Snacks
Number Of Ingredients 1
- Place eggs into a saucepan and pour in cold water to cover; place over high heat. When the water just starts to simmer, turn off heat, cover pan with a lid, and let stand for 17 minutes. Don't peek.
- Pour out the hot water and pour cold water over eggs. Drain and refill with cold water; let stand until eggs are cool, about 20 minutes. Peel eggs under running water.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 71.5 calories, Carbohydrate 0.4 g, Cholesterol 186 mg, Fat 5 g, Protein 6.3 g, SaturatedFat 1.5 g, Sodium 70 mg, Sugar 0.4 g
Provided by Ina Garten
Yield 5 to 6 servings
Number Of Ingredients 1
- Place the eggs in a saucepan and add enough cold water to cover.
- Bring the water to a boil and immediately turn off the heat. Let the eggs sit in the pan for 15 minutes.
- Remove the eggs to a bowl and allow to rest for at least 2 minutes. When the eggs are cool enough to handle, crack the eggs on each side and then roll them back and forth with your hand, breaking up the shell. Remove and discard the shell.
HARD BOILED EGGS
- Place your eggs in a pot and cover with cold water by 1 inch. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then cover, remove from the heat and set aside 8 to 10 minutes. Drain, cool in ice water and peel.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low, then add your eggs and cook 4 to 5 minutes. Drain, cool in ice water and peel.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low, then add your eggs and cook 7 to 8 minutes. Drain, cool in ice water and peel.
People also searched
More about "how to make perfect hard boiled eggs food"
HOW TO MAKE PERFECT HARD BOILED EGGS - MAD ABOUT FOOD
4.9/5 (17)Total Time 25 minsCategory BreakfastCalories 143 per serving
- Remove your eggs from the fridge about 10 minutes prior to boiling them if possible to allow them to warm up a bit – this will limit the shells from cracking when you place the cold eggs in the boiling hot water
- Add cold water to a saucepan – fill it 3/4 of the way full. You want to choose a saucepan that is large enough to allow the eggs to lay in a single layer once added to the pot
FOOD WISHES RECIPES - HOW TO MAKE PERFECT HARD BOILED …
Author Food WishesViews 895.1K
HOW TO MAKE PERFECT HARD BOILED EGGS - SIMPLY RECIPES
4.7/5 (312)Calories 72 per serving
HOW TO MAKE HARD BOILED EGGS - HARD BOILED EGGS …
HOW TO MAKE PERFECT HARD BOILED EGGS - DELICIOUS …
HOW TO MAKE PERFECT HARD-BOILED EGGS | THE FOOD LAB
YOU'LL NEVER MAKE HARD BOILED EGGS ANY OTHER WAY AGAIN
HOW TO COOK (AND PEEL) PERFECT HARD-BOILED EGGS - THE SPRUCE EATS
HOW TO MAKE PERFECT HARD-BOILED EGGS EVERY TIME - GOOD …
HOW TO MAKE PERFECT HARD-BOILED EGGS - THE SPRUCE EATS
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT HARD BOILED EGG | GET CRACKING
HOW LONG TO BOIL AN EGG | BBC GOOD FOOD
HOW TO COOK AND BAKE WITHOUT EGGS - CNET
AFTER TRIAL AND ERROR: THIS IS HOW YOU WILL PEEL HARD-BOILED EGGS IN ...
PERFECT HARD BOILED EGGS EASY PEEL | BANGLADESH BOILED …
PERFECT INSTANT POT HARD BOILED EGGS (EASY PEEL)
HOW TO MAKE THE PERFECT HARD BOILED EGGS - STEVEN AND CHRIS
HOW TO MAKE PERFECT HARD-BOILED EGGS AND SOFT-BOILED EGGS | RD.CA
HOW TO COOK EGGS • FOOD FOLKS AND FUN
HOW TO COOK EGGS 101 | GET CRACKING
HOW TO MAKE HARD-BOILED EGGS | BBC GOOD FOOD
BEST INSTANT POT HARD BOILED EGGS OF 2023: PRICE HISTORY & REVIEWS
HARD BOILED EGGS: CHEF SHARES BEST RECIPE TO MAKE GANACHE-LIKE …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
How to Cook boiled eggs?Another method for getting perfect boiled eggs is to boil a pot of water first, then put large, cold eggs into the water, lower the heat to a simmer and cook them for 11 minutes before chilling the eggs in cold water. This technique has the extra step of boiling first but it is more precise.
How do you keep hard boiled eggs from cracking?Cover the eggs with cold water. To ensure even heating, the water should cover the eggs by at least 1 inch. Placing 1 tablespoon of vinegar in the water will help keep the egg white from spilling out if a shell cracks but may also add a slight flavor.
How do you cook eggs in cold water?Place eggs in a saucepan and pour in cold water to cover; place over high heat. When the water just starts to simmer, turn off heat, cover the pan with a lid, and let stand for 17 minutes. Don't peek. Pour out the hot water and pour cold water over eggs. Drain and refill with cold water; let stand until eggs are cool, about 20 minutes.
How do you soft boil scrambled eggs?Here’s another way that also works: use the same method for soft-boiling as for hard. Start with eggs in cold water, bring to a boil, then cover and set aside for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain water and immediately run cold water over eggs or let them sit in icy-cold water until cooled. Find out the secret ingredient for extra-fluffy scrambled eggs.