ROTISSERIE LEMON-ROSEMARY CHICKEN
From the Ultimate Rotisserie Cookbook by Diane Phillips. Tangy lemon and pungent rosemary give this chicken its robust flavor. Cooking time includes the 8 hour marinating time.
Provided by luvmybge
Yield 6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 8
- Wash chicken inside and out under cold water and pat dry.
- Remove any excess fat from the skin and put chicken in a 2-gallon zip top bag.
- Mix marinade ingredients and pour over chicken.
- Marinate in refrigerator about 8 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade and drain.
- Load chicken onto spit rod assembly. Truss according to manufacturer's directions, or tie the legs together and tie another string around the body and wings so the wings don't flop around during cooking.
- Roast until an instant-read meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh registers 175 degrees, about 20 minutes per pound.
- Remove chicken from spit, cover loosely with foil and let rest for about 10 minutes before carving.
- Saute chicken with garlic and mushrooms in butter until chicken is fully cooked.
- Add remaining ingredients, except rice and sour cream.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice, cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in sour cream.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 356.1, Fat 13.4, SaturatedFat 7.8, Cholesterol 60.8, Sodium 319.5, Carbohydrate 33.6, Fiber 1.4, Sugar 1.2, Protein 19.2
GARLIC-LEMON ROTISSERIE CHICKEN WITH MOROCCAN SPICES
- Set up the grill for rotisserie cooking and preheat to high.
- Remove any lumps of fat in chicken cavity; wash inside and out, and blot dry. Rub chicken all over with half the cut head of garlic, then with half the cut lemon.
- Mix ingredients for rub together. Sprinkle some rub into chicken and place remaining garlic and lemon halves inside. Truss chicken, brush outside with oil, and rub with remaining spice mix. Thread chicken onto spit and secure with prongs.
- Cook chicken until skin is crisp and a deep golden brown and meat is cooked through, 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours. When cooked, internal temperature in thigh will be 175 degrees. Transfer chicken to a platter, let rest for 5 minutes and untruss. Carve or cut in half, and serve.
- Yield: 2 servings.
BROILED LEMON ROSEMARY CHICKEN
- Heat broiler and position rack 3- 4 inches from heat source.
- Squeeze 1 tbsp lemon juice into a large bowl.
- Crush rosemary between fingers and combine with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Stir in oil.
- Add chicken and turn to coat.
- Marinate while broiler preheats or longer if desired.
- Arrange chicken on broiler pan.
- Broil until browned and cooked through, about 15 minutes per side.
- If chicken browns too quickly, lower broiler pan and continue cooking til done.
People also searched
More about "rotisserielemonrosemarychicken food"
GRILLED LEMON ROSEMARY CHICKEN RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (3)Total Time 34 minsCategory Chicken BreastCalories 333 per serving
BAKED LEMON ROSEMARY CHICKEN RECIPE - FOOD.COM
Servings 4Total Time 40 minsCategory One Dish MealCalories 345 per serving
KOREAN FRIED CHICKEN DELIVERY IN RESTON - ORDER KOREAN FRIED …
ROTISSERIE LEMON-ROSEMARY CHICKEN - PLAIN.RECIPES
HOW TO MAKE ROTISSERIE CHICKEN AT HOME, 3 WAYS - TASTE OF HOME
IS ROTISSERIE CHICKEN HEALTHY? HERE'S WHAT A DIETITIAN SAYS
ROSEMARY CHICKEN RECIPE - FOOD.COM
23 EASY WEEKNIGHT DINNER RECIPES THAT USE ROTISSERIE …
10 ROTISSERIE RECIPES THAT ARE TOO GOOD - INSANELY GOOD
10 BEST ROTISSERIE CHICKEN RECIPES | YUMMLY
30-MINUTE RECIPES WITH ROTISSERIE CHICKEN | ALLRECIPES
ROTISSERIE CHICKEN DELIVERY IN RESTON - UBER EATS
THE 5 BEST FRENCH RESTAURANTS IN RESTON - TRIPADVISOR
RöMERTOPF-ROASTED CHICKEN AND ROOT VEGETABLES - FOOD …
You'll also love
Top Asked Questions
What is rotisserie chicken?Rotisserie is really just a style of cooking – roasting specifically – not a particular type of food. You can cook practically any type of meat rotisserie-style, which is why I decided to create this list. On it, you’ll find the recipe for rotisserie chicken and other meals that use rotisserie chicken.
Can I use a rotisserie chicken instead of fresh mushrooms?You can swap fresh mushrooms in for the canned, or poach your own chicken breasts — but if you're looking to save time and energy, don't hesitate to use a rotisserie chicken.
What are the best herbs for rotisserie chicken?The recipe is very exact, but if you get it right, you’ll soon enjoy the most herb-y, flavorful rotisserie chicken you’ve ever tried. Aside from the chicken and some olive oil, here are the herbs and spices you’ll need: salt, freshly ground black pepper, paprika, dried thyme, garlic powder, and onion powder. Coat the chicken generously.
What do you put in a rotisserie chicken casserole?This simple casserole preps in just 15 minutes when you start with a rotisserie chicken, a package of quick-cooking stuffing mix, sour cream, and a couple cans of cream soups. "It's yummy leftover too!" says CathyP. "Rotisserie chicken and the prepared quick-cook stuffing add wonderful flavor to this casserole."