For your next pizza night at home, make Bobby Flay's homemade Pizza Dough recipe from Food Network, and finish it with your favorite toppings.
Provided by Bobby Flay
Yield 2 (14-inch) pizza crusts
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Combine the bread flour, sugar, yeast and kosher salt in the bowl of a stand mixer and combine. While the mixer is running, add the water and 2 tablespoons of the oil and beat until the dough forms into a ball. If the dough is sticky, add additional flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough comes together in a solid ball. If the dough is too dry, add additional water, 1 tablespoon at a time. Scrape the dough onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead into a smooth, firm ball.
- Grease a large bowl with the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil, add the dough, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and put it in a warm area to let it double in size, about 1 hour. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide it into 2 equal pieces. Cover each with a clean kitchen towel or plastic wrap and let them rest for 10 minutes.
THE BEST PIZZA DOUGH IN THE WORLD!!!!
- Mix the flour salt and yeast together in a mixing bowl. Use a mixer or metal spoon and stir in the olive oil and water until the flour is all absorbed about 5 to 7 minutes. if you are having a sticking issue dip the spoon or your hand in cold water.
- Dust the counter top with flour and transfer the dough over to it. Nead it into a ball and then seperate into six pieces or less dipending on the size of the pizza you want. Take tupaware containers and spray with oil. Add dough to the containers and put in fridge to rise overnight.In the fridge it will keep for 3 days or you can freeze up to 3 months (make sure you cover in oil before freezing).
- On the day you plan to make the pizza remove the dough from the fridge 2 hours before cooking preheat oven to the highest temp it will go usually about 550F or higher.Toss or role the dough to your desired thickness I prefer thin and place on pan dusted with cornmeal. Add toppings ( remember less is more with a good pizza about 3 to 4 toppings plus cheese and sauce) and bake for 5-8 minutes. If top is done before bottom move pizza to a lower shelf and finish.
- Let the pizza rest a few minutes before cutting to let the cheese set alittle and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts : Calories 186.4, Fat 0.9, SaturatedFat 0.1, Sodium 341, Carbohydrate 37.4, Fiber 1.3, Sugar 0.2, Protein 6.3
BASIC PIZZA DOUGH
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Yield two 1-pound dough balls
Number Of Ingredients 5
- Whisk 1 1/3 cups warm water (105 degrees F) and the sugar in a bowl; sprinkle the yeast on top. Set aside until foamy, about 10 minutes. Stir in the olive oil.
- Whisk the flour and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the flour and pour in the yeast mixture. Gradually stir with a wooden spoon to make a rough dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes, dusting with more flour if necessary. Form into 2 balls. Brush 2 large bowls with olive oil, add a ball of dough to each and turn to coat with the oil. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and set aside at room temperature until doubled in size, about 1 hour, 30 minutes. Roll out and top as desired, or wrap in plastic wrap and freeze up to 1 month.
THE BEST PIZZA DOUGH EVER
- Dissolve yeast in warm water in a bowl.
- Stir in oil, sugar, salt and FOUR cups of the flour.
- Beat until smooth.
- Turn dough onto a floured surface.
- Knead in enough flour to make dough easy to handle.
- Knead til smooth 3 to 5 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place til double in size (about 45 minutes).
- Add your favorite toppings of tomato sauce, seasonings like oregano, sweet basil, chili powder, and toppings like bacon, ham, pineapple, pepperoni, mushrooms, green pepper or cooked hamburger and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake pizzas 425°F for 25-30 minutes.
PIZZA DOUGH FOR THIN CRUST PIZZA
Note:This is one of the recipes I adopted in the Great 'Zaar Ophan Adoption of 2005. I hope you enjoy it.
Provided by UnknownChef86
Categories Yeast Breads
Yield 2 pizzas
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Mix a little sugar into the warm water.
- Sprinkle yeast on top.
- Wait for 10 minutes or until it gets all foamy.
- Pour into a large bowl.
- Add flour, salt, olive oil.
- Knead for 6-8 minutes until you have a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (add a bit more flour if you need to).
- Cover and let rest for 20-30 minutes.
- Lightly grease two 12-inch pizza pans.
- Sprinkle with a little bit of cornmeal.
- Divide dough in half.
- Place each half on a pizza pan and pat it with your fingers until it stretches over the whole pan.
- Try to make it thicker around the edge.
- If desired, pre-bake at 425 F for 10 minutes (I don't always do this).
- Then spread with pizza sauce and use the toppings of your choice.
- Bake at 425 F for 10-20 minutes longer or until bubbly and hot.
- Makes 2 12-inch pizzas.
- If you don't want to use all the dough, you can freeze it.
- Take a portion of dough, form into a ball, rub olive oil over it and place it in a freezer bag (the oil makes it easier to take out of the bag).
- When you want to make a pizza, take dough out of freezer and allow to thaw before using.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 610.1, Fat 5.2, SaturatedFat 0.7, Sodium 299.2, Carbohydrate 120.7, Fiber 5.2, Sugar 0.4, Protein 17.6
WORLD'S BEST PIZZA CRUST
My mom makes the best pizza crust on several continents. It's fast and easy. Excellent as a white pizza or traditional red sauce, any toppings go.
Provided by Isabeau
Categories Low Cholesterol
Yield 1 pizza, 8 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 6
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in water.
- Beat in ½ flour.
- Add salt, oil and rest of flour (add more if needed to make handle-able dough).
- Rise in oiled bowl.
- Place on greased pan.
- Add sauce, cheese, etc.
- Bake at 450 20 -25 minutes (til brown).
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST HOMEMADE PIZZA RECIPE BY TASTY
Making homemade pizza dough can sound like a lot of work, but it's so worth the bragging rights. The dough itself requires few ingredients and just a little bit of rising and rest time. While you wait for the dough to be ready, you can get to work prepping your tomato sauce, chopping fresh vegetables, or grating the cheese you'll put on top. Bake for 15 minutes, garnish with basil (or, let's be real, more cheese), and enjoy showing off your way-better-than-takeout creation.
Provided by Brenda Blanco
Yield 16 servings
Number Of Ingredients 21
- "Bloom" the yeast by sprinkling the sugar and yeast in the warm water. Let sit for 10 minutes, until bubbles form on the surface.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour and salt. Make a well in the middle and add the olive oil and bloomed yeast mixture. Using a spoon, mix until a shaggy dough begins to form.
- Once the flour is mostly hydrated, turn the dough out onto a clean work surface and knead for 10-15 minutes. The dough should be soft, smooth, and bouncy. Form the dough into a taut round.
- Grease a clean, large bowl with olive oil and place the dough inside, turning to coat with the oil. Cover with plastic wrap. Let rise for at least an hour, or up to 24 hours.
- Punch down the dough and turn it out onto a lightly floured work surface. Knead for another minute or so, then cut into 4 equal portions and shape into rounds.
- Lightly flour the dough, then cover with a kitchen towel and let rest for another 30 minutes to an hour while you prepare the sauce and any other ingredients.
- Preheat the oven as high as your oven will allow, between 450-500˚F (230-260˚C). Place a pizza stone, heavy baking sheet (turn upside down so the surface is flat), or cast iron skillet in the oven.
- Meanwhile, make the tomato sauce: Add the salt to the can of tomatoes and puree with an immersion blender, or transfer to a blender or food processor, and puree until smooth.
- Once the dough has rested, take a portion and start by poking the surface with your fingertips, until bubbles form and do not deflate.
- Then, stretch and press the dough into a thin round. Make it thinner than you think it should be, as it will slightly shrink and puff up during baking.
- Sprinkle semolina onto an upside down baking sheet and place the stretched crust onto it. Add the sauce and ingredients of your choice.
- Slide the pizza onto the preheated pizza stone or pan. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the crust and cheese are golden brown.
- Add any garnish of your preference.
- Nutrition Calories: 1691 Fat: 65 grams Carbs: 211 grams Fiber: 12 grams Sugars: 60 grams Protein: 65 grams
Nutrition Facts : Calories 302 calories, Carbohydrate 50 grams, Fat 7 grams, Fiber 2 grams, Protein 6 grams, Sugar 1 gram
People also searched
More about "the best pizza dough food"
BEST PIZZA DOUGH - AN ITALIAN IN MY KITCHEN
4.9/5 Calories 265 per servingCategory Main Dish
- In the bowl of your stand up mixer (or a large bowl if you knead by hand) add the warm water and sugar, sprinkle the yeast on top, let sit for 5-10 minutes, then stir to combine. Continue with Machine or Hand.
- Add the olive oil, flour and salt, with the hook attachment start to combine on low speed #1, scrape the hook and then raise to medium speed #2 and knead for approximately 5-7 minutes or until you have a smooth elastic dough (scrape the hook halfway through kneading).
- Add the olive oil, flour and salt, then with a fork mix until the dough starts to come together. On a lightly floured surface remove dough from the bowl and knead until dough is smooth and elastic approximately 10 minutes (if dough is really sticky add a little extra flour).
- Place in a lightly oiled bowl, roll the dough to cover lightly with the oil, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and a large clean kitchen towel, leave in a warm draft free area until doubled in bulk, approximately 2 hours.**
WE TRIED 4 POPULAR PIZZA DOUGH RECIPES - HERE'S THE BEST …
- The Easy, in-a-Pinch Basic: Martha Stewart’s Pizza Dough. This one-bowl, no-fancy-flour dough seemed like a nice beginner’s recipe for homemade dough.
- The Boring Basic You Can Skip: Bobby Flay’s Pizza Dough. I don’t personally associate Bobbly Flay with pizza dough, but fans of this dough like it for being basic and easy to make.
- The Most Comprehensive: Alton Brown’s Pizza Dough. Alton’s pizza dough is very, very good. Alton takes an analytic approach to pizza dough and gives super-detailed instructions for every part of the process, including measurements for the size of the dough and the amount of sauce.
- The Laidback Sophisticate: Roberta’s Pizza Dough. Roberta’s pizza dough is kind of like your friend who picks the best bottle of wine (or albums or clothes) and seems to do so with ease.
20 BEST PIZZA DOUGH RECIPES | HOW TO MAKE PIZZA CRUST AT …
TOP 47 RECIPES FOR PIZZA DOUGH - YAZEED.MOTORETTA.CA
FOOD PROCESSOR PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
BEST EASY "PIZZA DOUGH" WITH ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR - COMFORTABLE FOOD
AIR FRYER NO YEAST PIZZA - MY FOOD STORY
CHICAGO-STYLE DEEP DISH PIZZA RECIPE | KING ARTHUR BAKING
9 BEST FROZEN PIZZAS, RANKED - TODAY.COM
DOUGH BALLS WITH A CHEESY MUSHROOM DIP 😋 | THANE FOOD | ANAGHA …
ᐅ RESTON PIZZA DELIVERY - BEST PIZZA PLACES IN RESTON - SLICE
PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE – BEST EVER HOMEMADE PIZZA! | RECIPETIN EATS
15 BEST SOFT PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE - SELECTED RECIPES
THE WORLD'S BEST BREAD MACHINE PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE
BEST BASIC PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE - FOOD REPUBLIC
THE 5 BEST TRADER JOE’S FROZEN PIZZAS, ACCORDING TO FANS
THE 10 BEST PIZZA PLACES IN RESTON (UPDATED 2023) - TRIPADVISOR
THE BEST HOMEMADE PIZZA RECIPES (INCLUDING DOUGH …
BEST PLACE TO GET PIZZA DOUGH? : R/OAKLANDFOOD
WEGMANS JUST OPENED ITS 110TH STORE IN RESTON, VA.
PIZZA DOUGH RECIPE - BBC FOOD
You'll also love